“Fantastic location, amazing kiting!!!”

Kite Beach Yucatan Kiteboarding School
Ranked #8 of 16 things to do in Progreso
More attraction details
Owner description: The beaches of Yucatan are excellent for kiteboarding with calm seas all year round and no strong currents it's an ideal place for learning.10 months of wind a year makes it one of the most promising places in this sport in Mexico and many parts of the world.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Jessica has the most fantastic kite surfing school on the beach. This is a great area for kiting as the winds are consistant and the beach is good. jessica and nick provide a wonderful place to learn, or if you are already pretty good its a great place to stay and hang out with other kiters. Its a wonderful base to explore the wonders of the Yucatan as well as enjoying amazing kiting and great company.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We first had the plan to stay only for 2 nights. It was so great, the kite spot as well as the hospitality. So we decided to stay for a whole week.
I recommend this accomodation to everybody who likes kitesurf, great view to the ocean and a nice and uncomplicated bunch of people.
Thanks jess & nick,
Irene & sandro

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Jessica's and Nick's and having both of them as instructors. Both are very gifted teachers and are very passionate about their sport. Both exude a ton of energy and are very patient with their students. Their kite gear is top of the line and their is a TON of selection to chose from. The house is located right on the beach which makes for an awesome experience. You get up in the morning and look out over the water and everything is perfect. The house was very bright, clean and spacious and the two of them are very accommodating. The wind was awesome and I got to kiteboard 10 out of the 12 days I was there! With their positive feedback and helpful hints I advanced very quickly. This is the second year I have come and stayed at Jessica's and Nick's because it is an awesome vacation that I highly recommend!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I just spent 2 weeks kiting at this awesome spot. It's amazing to still find a spot where you can have lots of space and great consistent wind. The school is really well equipped & as I was hiring gear, I was able to kite every condition on brand new equipment which was awesome. Jessica & Nick the owners were amazing. They were always there to help, give advice & encouragement. They got me trying new tricks which really helped with my confidence & fun levels & also happily rescued me a few times too which is always really reassuring! It's really inspiring being taught by a pro-rider too & Jessica was endlessly encouraging.

The villa was bright, big & spacious with really big bathrooms & bedrooms & hammocks for chilling out in. It was so lovely being able to hear the constant sound of the sea from every room & falling asleep & waking up to that every day. It was also really cool being able to hang out with kiters from all around the world as they passed through & we had some really fun nights in the villa & out at local restaurants & bars.

It's great being so close to Merida because you can choose the totally chilled pace of Progreso and the villa or head out for dinner & drinking in Progreso or Merida no problem.

I had a great time here & I'd definitely recommend the spot to anyone looking to get some great kiting in, the chill out, meet people & to hang out with the totally awesome Jessica & Nick.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my first time in Mexico and i was a little scared because I was traveling alone however as soon as i met Jessica Winkler and Nick Hall the owners of the Kite Beach Yucatan I felt at home. They were not only very welcoming but I also knew we had so much in common with our addiction to kiting that i was for sure in for an amazing vacation.

The hostel is great really spacious and right on the beach what more could you want? Oh and its freeking windy every day. Its great morning sessions can be in the local lagoon which is butter flat, followed by a kicker filled afternoon sesh on the ocean leading to sunset if you can handle it.

Basically the wind gods did not let me down on this trip and neither did the hosts. I recommend if your wanting cranking consistent wind this is a place you must visit. You will have a blast I know i did.