“Good comfortable stay while in Flin Flon”
Review of Victoria Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flin Flon
Victoria Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Flin Flon
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stay here while in Flin Flon for business. The hotel staff are always wonderful to deal with, and the rooms are clean and comfortable (as long as you are not staying in the motel). The restaurant can be a bit pricey however.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ed S

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Apparently hot water in not a nessecity in this hotel, nor did the staff seemed concerned about the issue. After talking to the morning front desk girl, she told me they were very busy and lots of people were showering in the morning. Duh... Isn't that what people normally do? I then told her i wanted to speak to a manager or supervisor on call. Nope, nobody on call. The maintenance man I talk to told me, oh we only have 4 hot water tank and a reserve and when they run out of hot water you just have to wait for them to fill back up and heat up again. Really?? A hotel with 93 rooms and the vacancy light was still lite up outside so they were not even full. Hate to see what would happen if the hotel is booked solid. With no answers for me that morning, I decided to speak with the evening girl at the front desk. She gave me the same run around that the morning girl did. So I finally told her I didn't want to hear no more of their excuses and noticed a managers name on the Manager on duty sign. I told her I wanted to speak with him. She told me he has nothing really to do with the hotel and room rates, just the lounge. Uhm... Excuse me, is he the manager on duty? If he is please call him I want to speak with him now. Apparently I said the wrong thing because the front desk girl got very upset with me. She did call him. I expanded the situation again to him and he told me, I know exactly what the problem is. Your not turn the dial (tap) the right way, you know people get that confused. Really, now I don't know how to turn the hot water on, are you kidding me. Oh, did I mention our whole hockey team (14 rooms) had no hot water. Apparently none of us turned the dial the right way. Wow, talk about frustrating!! He finally said he would look into the problem and contact me. I was contacted a couple of hours later by a completely different girl, which by the way was very nice to speak with. She proceeds to tell me my rate of $120 + tax a night is already a reduce rate. Normally the rooms are $150 + tax. So we can only give you $10 off. Great, thanks for the crappy stay, customer service, oh and the great abundance of cold water. If a person really wanted to get picky I wonder if this is a Health Code issue?? With all this said I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Snowowl1
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As really the only place to stay on Flin Flon your options are pretty limited. The rooms really need to be overhauled. You can tell they have tried to upgrade things but the overall shape of the rooms is getting pretty low. Doors don’t close properly, needs painting and really not that clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The walls are paper thin. The night staff do not monitor the partying going on. One room had a dozen guests partying until 4 am and the front desk staff had to be notified of the situation. All the guests in the adjoining rooms were woken by the noise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The room suited our needs for my mother and I who were visiting family in flin flon. Very clean facilities from the bathroom to the bedroom. Even though our room window was a view of the indoor pool instead of outdoors it was not an issue (no pool smell or noises). The pool and hot tub were nice and the restaurant on location had lots of breakfast options and the service was great. There is a bar underneath the hotel but we could not hear any of the noise even though we were on the first floor. The linens on the bed were quite nice and lots of pillows, 5 per bed, made for a very comfortable sleep. The service for the most part was excellent. The vending machine was down so luckily we didn't need snacks. Overall a great stay! We will be back if we don't stay at bakers narrows next visit.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Angells Marina Motel Suites Cabins and Outfitters
No photo provided
Prospector Inn
#1 of 2 in Creighton

Been to Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!