“Best Fishing Trip Ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flin Flon
Kississing Lake Lodge
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Wow!!!!!!!! What a experience at Kississing Lodge. Four days of fishing 10 trophy northern including a 48 inch pike 1st day, twenty minutes into our trip. We caught 22 Fish 39 inches or better and 46 fish 36 inches or better. Is this a great fishing place? I think the numbers speak for themselves. Then throw in first class accommodations, the nicest staff ever assembled at one lodge, food that was out of this world and I think we all come up with the same conclusion. This was the best fishing trip my father and I have ever been on. Thanks Kississing lodge for the memories that will last a life time. Oh by the way yes we will be back.

Steve and Roger Ciskie

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Steve C
A_F100, Manager at Kississing Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi Steve,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I do recall our staff being just as excited as you were every time we heard you caught another trophy pike out on the lake. What an amazing trip! We thoroughly enjoyed having both you and your dad there and definitely look forward to see you again!

Kississing Lodge Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been to Kississing Lake Lodge 4 times over the last 10 years and have always found the experience to be world class. I have gone with my son as well as friends and the fishing has been great to outstanding depending on time of year or weather. Like any lake on the planet you will have hot days and cool days.
If you are looking for a outstanding fishing experience, fish in spring when you are able to target huge Northerns as well as Lake Trout up high. If your schedule doesn't allow a spring trip not to worry, you will still catch a lot of fish in July but the Lakers are down deep and you will have to jig for them, It can be slow for Trout but the rewards are high with trophy fish very common. On one trip my son caught 3 trophies ( 41 inch, 42 inch Northern and a 39" lake trout) while I caught a 45 inch 30-lb northern and a 36 " lake trout.
Shore lunches are awesome and seeing bears as well as eagles, pelicans are very common around the lake.
I have often thought about going to the Yukon or North West Territories but Kississing offers you a great experience for a more reasonable price. The lodge is in great shape and The owner Curt has his own planes so you are always going to get to and from the lodge hassle free.
What I like about their service is that when you pay for 5 days of fishing you get 5 full days of fishing and they fly you out on the morning after your last day. Many lodges include the day you fly in and out as fishing days and build your exit based on the cheapest flights they can arrange for you. Not these guys, they even had a professional masseuse there the year I was there. Food is awesome, one morning they served home made cinnamon buns and I thought I died and went to heaven. They take pride in what they serve you and you will gain weight for sure. If you are looking for something to drink they set up an honour bar for the guests in the lodge and the prices are very reasonable with quality liquor and beer if desired.

I live in Toronto and flying to Manitoba is a breeze and I can actually get there faster than driving to many Northern Ontario Lodges. I meet a lot of great American guests who can't believe more Canadians don't take advantage of this great lodge.

The only thing I would say can be negative is the "commute time" to the fish. The lodge is located quite far from the best fishing holes and you can expect a 30 min ride but once you are there you can catch a lot of fish. Hunker down, enjoy the scenery and thank God you are not working and someone else is driving the boat :)
Enjoy the trip of a lifetime with Kississing!
Steve

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SJS402
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were tired of tenting, freezing, and saying this is a good time. On a lark we thought we would try this fishing lodge that a friend said was pretty good. Well this was under stated. Curt's five star facility took me by surprise, fine dining with all the bells and whistles to killer shore lunches. Clean modern cabins and the best staff i have ever encountered in my travels. The fishing is off the planet due to the group of veteran guides who will keep you as busy as you want all day. So pack your "five of diamonds" and your smile this is a trip you don't want to miss.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter if you get the cabin without the three other snoring fishermen.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SharkBelly
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have visited Kississing two years in row. A Canadian fishing trip was always on my bucket list.
I normally only fish a location once and check it off my list. I this case, I kept Kississing on the list.

The Staff and amenities are outstanding!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank keith j
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've made the trip to Kississing Lake Lodge on 3 different occassions, and they just keep getting better. The 1st trip was a Father-Son event, the 2nd a Father-Son-Grandson and Friends event and the 3rd just myself and my 3 Sons. This last trip in Mid-August produced more "memories for a lifetime" than there's room for in this review. Suffice it to say that all 3 Boys received trophy pins, and my youngest landed a 49' Pike that is proudly displayed as the screen saver on all of our computers. The food, service (including waitress and guide) is outstanding, and the equipment is excellent quality and well maintained. It's difficult to describe how beautiful the wilderness is in that part of the world, but I find myself looking at the images I've captured on Kississing thru out the year, and especially when battling a bout of Cabin Fever after a tough Winter like this most recent one.
I'm looking forward to my next trip Up North, and getting a chance to see Kurt and his wonderful Family and Staff one more time!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank twhealon
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at Kississing's Main Lodge on at least 5 or 6 occasions, in addition, I have stayed at another five different "Outpost Cabins" that are owned by Kississing. Every time I have stayed with Curt, I have never have been disappointed with the level of Customer Service and Detail that Kississing has to offer. Curt and his staff go out of their way to satisfy most every request.
The boats & motors are top notch and are replaced on a regular basis. The guides do a terrific job with fishing, shore lunches and finding out where the fishing is best.
The food & accomodations at the Main Lodge are excellent. They even had a pastry chef on my last few trips. Another nice touch at the Main Lodge is that they deliver a steaming pot of coffee to every cabin to wake you up in the morning before breakfast. The Main Lodge is very nice with an "Honor Bar" for evening cocktails with great snacks.
The fishing around the Main Lodge, primarily the species of fish are Walleye, Northern Pike & Lake Trout. The only drawback is that you will need a guide when you fish because it is very easy to get lost.
The Outposts are either Walleye/ Northern or Northern/Lake Trout. The outposts are very adequate but rustic and clean. No guides are required at the Outposts. As far as groceries, Curt will send you a shopping list early, so he can have your supplies waiting at the dock when you fly into the outpost.
Kississing Lodge will not disappoint you, I will be hunting there in October.

Room Tip: Book early, they fill up quick.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Edward K
Reviewed April 26, 2013

For my 70th B-Day i took both of my sons to Kississing Lake. We have gone to the Territory's many times. This Lodge is as good as or better than the the ones up North.
The Staff was very friendly and the fishing was GREAT.
Unfortunately the Old Man got outfished by the Boys :-(
Connections were excellent and on time.
We are going back this year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family