“disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This used to be one of our favorite places in The Hague. But it has gone downhill rapidly. Last time (on a Thursday), there was no chicken and no regular coke. To get our orders, we had to wait for more than one hour. Broken glasses on the floor. And only cash accepted! And not even a compensation for such bad service Overall, disappointing!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank thorstenleo

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Getting worse with time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I visited this restaurant many times with my family over the years. While at the beginning I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation, now, after many tries, I could not really say so. First the quantity of the portions slightly decreased, then even the prices went a bit up, but what mostly bothered me and is basically the main reason I will not go to this restaurant, is that the quality of the food is worse. Their cooks changed and a nice, but not so skilful guy who served us last time had to redo 2 meals because he ruined them in front of us on the grill. We smiled sympathetically, but in the end, we pay for the food and service and if it's really far from being up to scratch, then it's time for us to look elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
“A bit of a letdown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

First I want to say that my family and I have eaten here many times over many years, and it has always been a favorite. So perhaps we hit an off night, but I did notice that the menu and the personnel were not the same as in the past. Instead of everything being a la carte, there was now a salad/sushi bar, which we did not try. We had the sets menus, and for the most part the food was okay to very good, but I found my beef a bit too chewy/fatty. The chicken and shrimp were very good.
What we found very disappointing is that the service was incredibly slow. We were very hungry (which could account for some of our impatience) and the meal took, from start to finish, over 3 hours. There was way too much time in between courses (this is a teppanyaki-table style restaurant, where the chef stands in front of the guests, surrounded by a wooden eating surface) and the only reason we could think of was that there weren't enough chefs to go around.
But still, we have had many excellent dinners there, and I hope that will be the case again. It won't put me off trying it another time in the future.

• Visited January 2013
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
“Nice and cosy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're looking for a nice Japanese restaurant. Try this, its not the eat-as-much-as-you-can style, but serves nice menu's good food for a decent price.

Visited September 2012
HOLLAND
“Don't go there if you like good food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The surrounding is ok. The meat (beef) was very bad though, you could hardly cut it with your knife so I had to leave it on my plate. The cook asked how our meat was, because at another table he got complaints. I said that it was bad and asked him if he wanted to taste it: "No" he said, " I don't like tough beef " and left us with the tough beef and surprised faces.

• Visited October 2011