“Appalling Service”
Review of Santos

Santos
Reserve with
Santos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 145 Restaurants in Scheveningen
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Den Haag, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Appalling Service”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just had an extremely poor service experience at this restaurant. Steak was very good when correctly and eventually served, however by this time all sides had been sitting for half an hour and were not replenished. On attempt to give feedback to the situation the owner was requested to come over several times to which he totally ignored and instead sent waiting staff and his manager. When the owner did eventually come to us, his attitude was rude, insulting and very chauvinistic. Once my husband intervened and managed to calm him down and reason with him, he finally admitted the errors of his restaurant and deducted most of the food bill. However, this was my husbands 40th birthday treat from his parents who were visiting from Scotland especially for the occasion and the evening was totally ruined by the owner's appalling attitude. We will never frequent his establishments again, including Rodizio restaurant or his clothing store. Awful experience.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great steak but if you order chips they will be crisps”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very good meal, great steak as you would expect from a steak house. The steak was cooked exactly as I asked (medium to well). I ordered chips and got chips (crisps) my American colleagues understood completely and ordered fries. Food was prepared in an open grill which you could see from the dining table. The staff were very good and the value is reasonable but you only get what you pay for.

• Visited October 2012
The Hague, NL
“Steak served exactly as it should be”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Although they offer also different dishes, this is the place where you go for steak. They serve it as you wish - rare is really rare, medium is medium, well done is well done. I was there recently with group of friends and everyone got what he/she wanted. And you could see how meat is prepared. Service was good and quick. Only salad served with steak wasn't too impressive.

• Visited September 2012
München, Deutschland
“Great food, nice service!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Given that we were a big group, the service was very friendly and always attentive without getting on our nerves. Food was excellent, a wide variety of desserts is especially recommended. I'd go back there without hesitation (and that's something I'm not saying about many places in the Netherlands).

• Visited December 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very good food! Excellent steak!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I were on holiday in Holland and Belgium and decided to spend a day in Delft and Den Haag. We spent the last part of the day at Scheveningen. My wife wanted a steak so we randomly selected Santos Grill. What a great choice! We each had a nice steak and split a baked potato and spinach. We were eagerly anticipating our meal when we noticed that we weren't provided steak knives. We wouldn't have needed them because the meat was perfectly tender. Service is at a relaxed place which you would expect by the beach. Excellent meal and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Visited May 2012