“What a gem!”
Review of Lengkuas Island

Lengkuas Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Lengkuas Island located in the waters of the Belitung Island, and is about 30 minutes away by boat from Tanjung Kelayang beach or Tanjung Binga in District Sijuk, Belitung.In Lengkuas Island there is Lighthouse, built by Dutch colonial in 1882 and still actively working for marine navigation. Visitors must wash feet with fresh water before entering the lighthouse buildings constructed of steel, because the sea water can cause rust on the building. From the lighthouse, you can see beauty of the white sandy beaches on the island with giant granite rocks and clear sea water greenish.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you're in Belitung, make sure you hire a boat for island hopping. You'll be taken to several islands with magnificent view, one of them is Pulau Pasir or Sand Island- which only visible during dry season. You can see (some people touch) the starfish.
It's a beauty!

1  Thank ArcherScali
There are newer reviews for Lengkuas Island

Reviewed July 30, 2013

When you visit Belitung Island, and if you enjoy beach and sea so much, then you have to put Lengkuas Island on the top of your list. You can rent a boat from Kelayang Beach. Along the way to Lengkuas Island, you can see many individual massive granite stones, creating natural wave breaker. But the most beautiful scenery is Bathing Bird - it's just another granite rocks, but so massive and looks like a bird bathing in the sea.
In Lengkuas, there's an old lighthouse which is built over 100 years ago but still in good condition. If you climb until the top (or at least, half of it), you can see the most amazing view of this island - rocky shoreline with clean water and white sands.
It is fun if you bring your food and eat lunch here, but please remember to throw your trash in its place (you can find big rubbish bin near the lighthouse), or bring it back to the mainland. There are turtle breeding spot in the island, but not as big as in the Babi Besar Island.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

a nice island that we visit after we had diving nearby.
we had our nice lunch there (fresh from the grill) & drank some coconut fresh from the tree :)
there is a lighthouse there; an old heritage.
Unfortunately i wasn't in good fit so I decided not to climb up those stairs & view the beautiful natural scenery from the top of the lighthouse (somehow regretted it)
after my visit there I wish that the beauty of the nature there will be preserved, will not vanish away & will not be so commercialised.
i hope when people visit there, they could revitalise their relationship with the nature
something that you can't get when you are in other big cities

Reviewed July 14, 2013

People say this island is the number one attraction. I didn't find anything interesting beside the great view from the top of the lighthouse. The beach was dirty maybe because people visit this island to eat lunch at the beach.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Well, you just need to visit Lengkuas Island, and climb up the lighthouse...

I and my friends visited Belitung Island in May 2013, and it was just the right time (I think) to visit Lengkuas Island. We took a boat from Kepayang Beach, and reached Lengkuas Island at 10.30 or 11.00 AM. It had not been crowded of visitors, just a few. We enjoyed the beach, and then climbed up the lighthouse. We stopped 2 times before reaching the top, but it was really worth the effort! When I saw the view from the lighthouse, well, just like I said at the beginning, it's heavenly. At least for me and my friends.

A word of advise, make sure you book the boat at least a day before your trip to the island. We saw some tourist did not get one since the every boat has been booked at that time.
You can also do snorkeling activities there, but we did not do it since we wanted to visit other small islands.