“Nice Staff but the Hotel Need Improvement”

and 1 more site!
Bahamas Resort & Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Belitung Island
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Hotel was actually not bad, the staff are nice, but i thought they need to increase their service. The room itself was clean but the hot shower not working perfectly. Breakfast are plain, not much variety for the food. The location right beside the sea unfortunately without the beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Bahamas Resort & Hotel

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Given the 1 million Rupiah-plus per night cost, we were hugely disappointed.

Positives were : Good size room and nice shower. Friendly service. Clean.

However on the negative side : No beach. Pool area was utterly uninviting, uncared for. Restaurant was massively overpriced - eg a can of coke at the warung near the main gate cost 5,000 Rupiah - the same can cost 30,000 Rupiah in the resort. Only 2 English-speaking channels on the cable tv (Aljazeera and Fashion tv) in the bedroom. Compare this to over 30 in our accomm at Bukit Berahu which was less than half the price. Somewhat annoyingly the restaurant area had an apparently "extensive cable tv package" (where the staff were happily sitting back and watching HBO..)

Tv is an important source of entertainment in the evening and night on Belitung island if, like me, you're not an avid reader.

Motorcycle hire was also double the cost here compared to other places we've stayed in Belitung.

Overall disappointing and hugely anti-climactic.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jakartabule
Reviewed November 11, 2013

we were staying in this Hotel in Februari 2012. The pool was not ready yet. Staffs are very nice. We had trouble with the hot water shower and reported it, and the plumber fixed it. Delicious and complete breakfast with the view of the beach. The room is clean. Nice bed and bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vienna_Cts
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Belitung always hv something to enjoy. The hotel was average,but i think its comfy and clean enough for yhe mid price. Thy hv poll near the sea, but its dirty.i think yhe hotel managemnt is not training well. I hope next timw they'll be better ay servicing the cuatomer.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was stay here on early year 2013. The hotel is just great, clean, nice and awesome beach view. I stay at standard room, it was clean, good food at restaurant, you can order some coffee and fried bananas in the evening. I would recommend for anyone who want to enjoy Belitong Island to stay at Bahamas Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we actually planned to stay in to another hotel but unfortunately hotel that we used to stay with was fully booked. so the travel www.belitungisland.com asking us to stay on this hotel.
the Hotel was actually not bad, but i thought they need to increase their service and people skills, the room itself was clean eventhough alot of mosquitos, the furniture was old and classy , not too comfy but its ok. food also not much variety , but most of all the management need to focus on their way to make this hotel a choice to be . thank you

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stay at the suite, even for a 3 star, I would expect at least the room will be clean. I usually not the complainer in the family, but when I found a living worm when my kid take a pee, correct me it is not 1 but 3living and walking worms. I just feel want to leave this hotel asap. They have ocean view and garden view through the window but the window door is so dusty that you will be afraid to open the curtain. And the closet , after my kid pee, I saw that water in the closet is yellow, I thought that my kid forgot to flush, but after I flush it 3 times , I found out that they have problems with the sewer system, so you need to flush many many times until a pee is cleaned, so you can imagine what happened when you take a dump. And at night the closet keep give a bubble sound. The bed I checked I quite clean so I try to sleep, but at morning I wake up with neck ache, the pillow is too high that make my neck ache. This hotel cost me 100 Usd per night, so totally not worth it with the services I got.

• Stayed: August 2013