“Not great but not bad either.. :)”

Billiton Hotel and Klub
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Belitung Island
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

In overall, the hotel was quite good. The breakfast was nice and the room is cleaned everyday. However the shower is kind of disappointing. Warm water is very limited and it affect my satisfaction since I expect a nice warm shower after a long day from beach.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David S

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Average hotel with clean spacious room and outdated mattresses. We got a room upstairs and at one point found water spilled all over the tiled staircase – very dangerously slippery indeed. Got freaked out when I found a couple of “cicak” on the bathroom wall – that wasn’t a pleasant surprise. Other than their rice porridge, breakfast wasn’t appetizing - meh.. Overall, it was an affordable decent hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chialala
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Large, clean room with balcony. Stayed for 2 nights during weekend on October 2013. Quite an old hotel but well-maintained. Close to best coffee shop in Belitung (Kopi Atep?), just within walking distance. A must try if you are in the city.

Wifi available though password for indoor wi-fi provided and informed was incorrect (so it's pointless). No coffee tea making utensils, no frills in the amenities and the pillow was quite thin with no extra pillow available. Small fridge and cable TV available. The service was good and staff were very helpful.

Pool was small and located in the center. But who need pool when you can swim on the beach. The weather was very hot in October and perhaps that's why the aircon could not cool the room fast enough. But if you need clean and affordable place to sleep than I guess it's sufficient enough.

Located in the city so you need to rent a car to go to nearest beach. Beaches in Belitung were spectacular, not too crowded and the clear water would make you want to jump right in.

Room Tip: No elevator so choose the ground level room facing the pool if you don't like walking far Twin...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank augin2
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went there on September for 2 nights stay booked through TA. For standard room it's quite spacious, but no Fridge or tea making facilities, a bit disappointed since I have to make milk for my kid well they come up finally with thermos water which they didn't change with warm water for the next night.
The most unbearable thing is the HOT AC! Engineering came with the only solution to fill the FREON up (hahaha) then he said all the room are the same only 3/4 pk (3/4 hp), so I guess he get this complain quite often. well since we all dead tired we finally asleep by moving our bed closer to the AC.
Don't expect too much on their breakfast. no taste at all. even we got fishy shrimp for the 2nd day.

Room Tip: Request for a room with working AC is a must.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I was there with my hubby for our honeymoon. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights booked via travel tour pakettourbelitung.com.The room space is big, clean and neat. The breakfast good enough, choices like nasi serai, mie belitong, and laksa. The pool clean and located center between restaurant and bed rooms. Wifi available both indoor and outdoor, free!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am temporarily working in Jakarta which, in my opinion, is one of the most stressing cities in the world. For that reason, when the weekend came, I looked for a nice place, not very far away from Jakarta, to relax. I didn´t want to Bali, as I thought it would be too crowded with tourist. For that reason I chose Belitung and I couldn´t be happier with my choice. If you want to know how real Indonesia looks like, this is your place. And the Billiton hotel is the place to stay for many reasons. To begin with, the rooms are beautiful, airy, and tastefully decorated. You also find a basket of fruit waiting for you and a personalized welcoming letter from the manager. Small details but that make you realize that you are more than a cow to be milked, as it happens with many other hotels. The attention to detail was, indeed, the main factor why I chose this hotel. I had other option but in this other hotel they told me I couldn´t check it until 2pm. My flight arrived at 9am, and I felt like I needed some rest so having to wait 5 hours to get into my room didn´t look like a nice prospect. At Billiton they put me no problem at all to have my room ready for me to occupy at 9am. That´s very good service in my opinion - give to the customer what the customer needs... Another example of this was the following day when there was not taxi available to go to the airport and the manager of the hotel drove me himself.

That´s what makes a difference for me - excellent service and excellent attention to the client.

One more thing: the room was spotless; it simply couldn´t be cleaner. Great detail as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mateo C
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Belitung Island. As we were traveling with our two children, we opted to stay in the one bedroom suite at the Billiton Hotel. The room is beautiful - lovely decor with lots of wood. The hotel was very accommodating of the children and had the extra bed already in the room and made up. The hotel provided a drying rack for the balcony for hanging our clothes that were wet from the beach.

Suite details: The suite has two rooms. The living room has a table and chairs, a couch, and two sitting chairs. There is a sink and small fridge. The room has a 1/2 bath. The bedroom is nice sized with a king-sized bed. The bathroom is spacious with a shower and separate bathtub.

Breakfast was a mix of Indonesian and western food. A cook made tasty eggs/omelets to order. The breakfast area near the pool is pretty and makes for a relaxing breakfast.

An overall excellent stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family