“definitely no unforgettable place”

Siauliu Krasto Medziotoju Uzeiga
Siauliu Krasto Medziotoju Uzeiga
Ranked #12 of 15 Siauliai B&B and Inns
Cremona, Italy
“definitely no unforgettable place”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We won't remember this hotel as a good one, although nothing particularly bad happened during our stay.
The hotel is located in the southern outskirts, that means any place in the city is at least 15 min. walk from it. On the other hand, it's quiet, and corridors are well sound-proofed.

Lounge and common facilities are far from looking cosy. Lots of local hunting trophies hang at the walls, which would rather suit a country guesthouse than a modern style hotel. So called "luxury" rooms offer no luxury accommodation: they're just very spacious and can accommodate up to 4 people. Although the hotel is quite new, some corners already give the impression of sloppiness: cigarette-made holes in chairs, leather couch in the lounge repaired with tape, flaking shower tap... Interior dressing and furnishing (from restaurant dishes to bathroom finishing) is of the cheapest material and poorest quality, which explains why such a new place is already in urgent need of maintenance.
Service is passable, although I'm sure that guests would appreciate if they didn't need to set their breakfast places themselves and if waiters showed more willingness to assist them.

Advice to travellers: avoid staying in Sialuliai area, if you can. Since there's no tourism there, it's practically impossible to get good standard accommodation and decent food. In fact, in the city there're just low-budget "kavines".

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 31, 2011

When we were booking a room in this hotel, we didn't know what to expect, because some reviews were good, some were bad... so we decided to give a try, and that was a mistake. If you are looking just for a bed to sleep over night so thats fine, if you expect something more - look for another hotel. Check in was terrible. I think reception staff needs to get some training about customer services and hospitality.
Room was basic, with small TV set but spacious bathroom (shover only).
Breakfast in a morning wasn't too bad, especially if you like to have a breakfast on your own. There were no waitress in a breakfast room. And all these pictures on the walls with hunted animals didn't create a great atmosphere to have a relaxed breakfast.
It looks more like a zoo museum then a hotel....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gido27

Travelers are raving about these Siauliai hotels

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Have been to Siauliai quite a lot for business and still trying to find a reasonable hotel to stay. Wasn't aware about this hotel until very recently, because it's quite off major paths. When I saw the room rate of EUR 100 per night, I thought: "At last...I found a good hotel", because I couldn't believe there could be a bad one for such price in such a small city, so I booked 2 stays (2 nights each) a few days apart. Well, I was really taken aback: for sure I didn't get my (or let's say my company's) money's worth.

Episode 1. Booking.
Booked this hotel through one of the major booking sites on the web about 10 days in advance. Even though I was promised a flexible rate with which I was able to cancel with no penalty up to 1 day before arrival, the hotel preauthorized EUR 400 on my credit card the very next day of the booking (10 days before arrival!), which I consider as an incredibly impolite act from their side.
I could probably understand this behavior if it was a superb fully-booked hotel, but in fact it was discovered to be mediocre and almost empty, so I don't see any excuse for such greediness.

Episode 2. The room.
The room makes a splash when you enter. A deluxe room is a spacious 2-storey room with 1 balcony and 2 skylights, but then you notice that all windows are open, there are flies and bugs everywhere around. So, for EUR 100 per night I closed the windows, killed the flies and tried to turn air-condition on. Well, it turned on, but it was dead: it was unable to cool, only hot air was pumping out of it. The temperature was well above +25, because the sun was shining right through the skylights. I decided to relax a bit and surf the internet. The thing with the internet is that it's not wireless, I was given a cable which I was supposed to plug into the mains, and you know what....there are no mains near the table! The internet connection is available only near the coach, so you have to work at the coffee table. Because the room is large enough, you need a cable of around 8-10 meters to make it to the table.

Episode 3. The bathroom
Very poor. Old yellow shower bath, faucets that barely respond because of lime and rust in them, poor accessories: shower gel in tiny bags.

Episode 4. Room change
At around 16:00 when I finally realized that I can't stay any longer in that sauna, I decided that EUR 100 per night is a reasonable price to demand air-condition to be operational, so I called the service. First the lady tried to ensure me that if an air condition pumps something out of it - it means that it works and it's just too hot outside, but after 5 minutes staying in my room, she realized that she can't hold to this any longer, she offered a room change. I said: let's check them first. And I think you can guess...air conditions were of similar state in all other rooms of this type. Then she called probably to hotel manager, who wasn't in the hotel, and offered me a lux. Well....you can guess again: air condition was dead there like in all deluxe rooms. Then she tried to get back to her favorite argument, that if air is pumped out, then the device must be considered operational, but I started to argue harder, so she said that we had to wait for a technician who would come after 20:00, meaning that I had to wait 4 hours! I can't argue too long with people, so I gave up and decide to wait.

Episode 5. Presidential lux.
When a technician came in, he confirmed that my air condition is dead and went to look for other rooms. When he got back in an hour, he said that they were offering me a presidential lux, where air condition worked. Well, presidential lux is the next chapter of this funny story: it has 3 rooms (a hall, a cabinet and a bedroom) with 3 separate air conditions. And you know what: the one that is in the bedroom, of course, doesn't work as well, but the ones that are in the hall and in the cabinet do work at last.
The presidential lux again splashes when you see it, but looking up-close reveals what is hidden. The bathroom was enormous with a Jacuzzi for 2, a sauna, a high-tech shower bath and a separate toilet room. I tried to wash my hands and realized that the water simply wouldn't drain in the sink. Thankfully, there was another one in the room with a toilet, so there was a workaround. Have to say that there was a putrid smell in the toilet room - don't know what it was, but it was a torture to be in there. Then I tried to use that high-tech shower, and realized that cold water supply is almost dead in there, meaning that I can only have a shower with close to boiling water. In fact, there was some cold water pressure, so I could have a shower with a very-very weak vapor, but it's really pathetic for such room.

So, that's the end of the story. The thing is that you probably can't find anything really better in Siauliai city, so the best advice here is to avoid this city at any cost, but if you can't, just get ready for a wild ride!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business