“Great house for family or friends gathering”
other travelers have booked this property
Kitchen - Diner
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Kitchen - Diner
Open plan Kitchen
Entertainment Room with Wood burning stove, Darts & Karaoke!
Cosy-up with the wood-burning stove
Upstairs......
The bedrooms sleep 9 plus sofa bed sleeps an extra person
Master bedroom with en-suite
Bathroom with corner bath and dressing table
Bedroom 2: Hollywood Bedroom
Hot tub and seating
Private garden
View of property
Shotover Park - a short walk away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Palace190...
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Great house for family or friends gathering”
Reviewed August 20, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We stayed for a hen party and made use of the chef services and beauty treatments. It was really nice being able to have the treatments at the house and the afternoon tea. We enjoyed relaxing in the garden and using the hot tub. The karaoke machine provided us with lots of laughs.

katejohns...
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Big let down”
Reviewed August 1, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

The house was clean, well presented and close to amenities. However the front door wouldn't lock so it took over half hour for 8 of us to lock it on the first night. Our biggest choice when choosing a hen house was that it had a hot tub... well this didn't work the whole weekend and kept tripping all the electric. The owner was away so sent the house chef round who couldn't fix it. Our whole weekend was ruined as we had to spend yet more money on top of the costly price of the house to go out and about and find things to do. On arriving home and emailing Sian she was reluctant to reimburse any money. Do not stay here if you want to use the hot tub!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Aug 7, 2018
Firstly I'm glad you liked the house and thank you to the organiser for sending such a nice email after your party left. I'm not sure if you know I tried hard to get information from an electrician as to possible problems but was unable to get a specialist hot tub engineer to attend at such short notice. I'm sorry you felt the need to write this review even though you enjoyed your weekend. Two groups have stayed in the house since your group and we have had no problems with the hot tub. I tried on the Sunday you left to replicate the fault to report it to the hot tub engineers and could not get it to blow the electrics. We have not had anything repaired. It may be that something with a fault plugged into a socket could have caused the trip switch to blow. I have offered a discount on your next trip should you choose to return. Please be assured that hot tub is fully functioning and is only one of the many features within the house such as karaoke, smart tv, darts and many other games, nice garden and bbq, fabulous country park in walking distance, wood burning stove for the winter. I also offered for you to come to use my swimming pool.
Lottielou...
“Wonderful house for hens!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I had my hen party here and cannot recommend it enough! Very spacious with everything you need and the "pub" is fantastic - the LED light strip makes it feel like a proper party room! We also enjoyed the hot tub very much. The house is in a great location too; when we went out in Oxford it was only a ten minute cab ride and when we wanted a recovery Sunday roast at the end of the weekend we only had to stroll round the corner to the pub!
Definitely the perfect house for a hen weekend

Joanna D
“Fantastic hen house”
Reviewed May 27, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Ahhh I miss this place. I visited this house for the weekend as part of a hen do. There were 9 of us and we had the best time! The beds were so so comfortable, best nights sleep I'd had in ages. The house had everything you could want or need. The chef, Colin, was fantastic. We all wanted to bring him home with us haha. As well as the ladies doing the beauty treatments. I fully recommend the destress massage, I felt like I was floating on a cloud. To have this as an added option with the house is a great idea. Fantastic weekend in beautiful surroundings with great friends

Kirby2806...
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Missing it already!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

There aren't enough good words to describe the weekend we spent at ferndale house.
The house is beautiful, the garden is lovely. Short drive to Tesco and we didn't visit the pubs but they're only a 2 min walk away so location was great.
There were 9 of us and not once did we feel cramped, the rooms are so spacious. The beds were comfy and the sheets smelt lovely.
We booked beauty treatments at the house and had Colin the chef cook our meal on the second night. The food was amazing!!
My only thought over the weekend was that we maybe could have benefitted from some bean bags or cushions in the conservatory, but this isn't meant as a negative at all.
We all had such a great time and would most definitely book again in a heartbeat, Thank You Ferndale House.

grandmaja...
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“The PERFECT House for the PERFECT Party”
Reviewed May 17, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Being the sister of the Bride, I had many responsibilities to throw the Hen Party of the Century for her so the pressure was on when searching for somewhere to go and what to do...

We came across Ferndale house and it immediately looked like the perfect hideaway (I mean - there was a hot-tub!) so I gave them a call! From that moment, my stress and worries disappeared as the helpful team gave me plenty of options to chose from and basically did the work for me us all!

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a friendly face and immaculately clean house. There is plenty of room for 10 hens and lots of activities which are there already for you (although we stayed away from karaoke!)

The Friday evening consisted of a Mexican themed evening finished by a relaxing session in the hot tub!

Saturday, all of the hens had beauty treatments which were thoroughly enjoyed by all - especially the bride! During treatments, we had afternoon tea and played some of the games provided by the house. then, at around 4pm, the lovely Colin came and took over the kitchen preparing a 5* three course meal for us all - we didn't have to worry about a thing - not even the washing up!

As you can see, we had a great weekend - I will say that the house is in a residential area so you have to have respect for the houses around you but this didn't affect the weekend of fun at all!

If you're the Maid of Honour looking for the perfect location for your hens - look no further!

emilybath...
Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice, spacious house, great for large groups!”
Reviewed March 7, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

The house is perfect for large groups to get together - we were a group of 11 friends/family on a hen party and had plenty of space to hang out, eat together, and sleep. Hot tub and karaoke were great additional extras for our weekend!
Rooms are a mix of doubles, singles, bunk beds and sofa beds*/futons.
The 2 main bathrooms worked for what we needed during our stay (although some of the plumbing is quite loud!) and the kitchen area (although small) had all the amenities that we needed. There is plenty of space to dine/relax in dining area & lounge.
Booking was super easy and the owner (Sian) and housekeeper (Helen) were easy to get hold of to answer any questions in advance and during our weekend.
The house is in a large quiet cul-de-sac, but there was plenty of room to park on the driveway/surrounding roads. It is about a 20min car journey from oxford (taxi cost about £20 to the centre) - which meant it was easy to access the city and surrounding areas that we needed to get to.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing