“FANTASTIC FOOD, Simply Delicious!”

Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Description: Prashad is an award winning Indian vegetarian restaurant in the heart of West Yorkshire. It is based in a renovated pub building in Drighlington, which has been transformed into an intimate and vibrant Gujarati eaterie. It features a large bar area where the in-house mixologist serves up perfectly-matched cocktails, locally-brewed beers and wines with roadside snacks and Indian tapas. There are three different dining areas and a snug that can be individually booked for private parties. The open pass kitchen brings the passionate Head Chef and her team closer to the customers. In the last 12 months alone we have been awarded the Morrisons Magazine Great Grub Award 2013, the Yorkshire Life Chef of the Year 2013 (which Minal and Kaushy won jointly), the Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand 2014, and the Yorkshire Evening Post Oliver Awards Best Indian Restaurant 2014!
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I decided to visit Prashad not expecting too much as I'am a true meat lover and not so much a vegan. I was absolutely surprised as to how delicious the food was. The dishes were prepared with an array of spices and blends making each dish so exciting yet truly mouthwatering. The dishes were cooked to absolute perfection. The restaurant itself looked of high standards and the atmosphere was lovely. The waiter was ever so kind and really made us feel comfortable. Me and my parter will definitely be returning as we enjoyed the food so much. Prashad definitely knows how to make any vegetarian dishes really fun and interesting to eat.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Very unusual menu compared to the common or garden Indian in my experience. We didn't book and seemingly were lucky to get a table for two on a Saturday night! It was very busy but the service was excellent. My apprehension as a card carrying meat muncher going to a strictly veggie Indian was unfounded. Meal was very good although I think it would be useful to give degree of "hotness" on menu due to the unfamiliarity of dishes compared to the standard Indian nomenclature! Worth a visit even though a little more expensive than most.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Went to try out Prashad for a friends birthday last Thursday evening. We were in a large group of 16 but were greeted and had our initial drinks order taken in good time. We were shown upstairs to our table which had ample room for us all, the decor is simple but effective and helps to make a relaxing ambience.
Studying the menu it wasn't long before our waiter (who seemed fairly young) came over ready to take our orders. Due to being in a large group and to save time over splitting the bill amongst each other at the end of the meal we mentioned politely that it might be best to split the orders on our table of 16, the reply from the waiter was 'it's be easier for me to take it together.' We stated 'it'd be easier for us if this was possible.' He reluctantly agreed and began taking our starter & main orders notably no differently from how he wanted to but making it easier for us (the customers!) in paying exactly what we had drunk/eaten. Nobody should have to pay for anything extra in my opinion. It was a minor blip but the attitude of this waiter in dismissing our suggestion straightway stunk and my friend who's birthday it was, she was taken aback by the response. He kept coming over to ask if everything was ok with the meals which is ok but tedious with taps on my shoulder bit touchy feely IMO for guests in a restaurant.

Anyway back to the food and the starter I had was the mixed platter for 2 I shared with my other half. There was enough of everything to share with a dip and it was cooked to a good standard.
My main was the muneer? paneer this was cooked to a high standard and there was enough of it to fill you up. Being meat lovers it was safe to say it was an enjoyable feast and at no point did I feel like I was missing meat within the cuisine.
The food is decently priced at £5 for starters and £10 for mains. Although, the drinks are expensive Just under £4 for a pint of kingfisher is my choice. The local beers are in excess of £4 and are bottled.
Everyone had a good evening in the group with all orders correctly delivered and I would like to try Prashad again sometime in the future, you can't judge a restaurant from 1 waiter but it's the food AND service that in my eyes should be top quality to ensure high praise and reviews.

3  Thank Stevinho21
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I visited Prashad on a Thursday evening without a reservation. Although the restaurant was busy we were seated in the upstairs area without any fuss. We had heard good things about this place and have been meaning to come for a while. We are both committed carnivores but as indian food tends to lend itself to vegetarian dishes we weren't worried at all. We enjoyed poppodoms and pickles whilst we considered the menu. The pops were probably the best we have ever had - light, crisp and not at all greasy and the pickle tray was also very good. The staples of mango chutney and raita were there but there were also a couple of more unusual pickles (tamarind perhaps?) which were delicious. The mixed starter platter to share was a good introduction. Although they obviously shared a lot of common ingredients, it is testament to the skills of the chef that each item was distinct, delicious and perfectly spiced. On to main course, a masala dosa with paneer and a thali with roti between us. Both were excellent - again sharing some elements of the starters but being completely distinct in flavour and texture. It is fair to say that we did not miss meat in these meals at all. We were too full to sample the desserts - perhaps another time? Service was very good. A large party were seated shortly after us and at no point did we feel overlooked or forgotten about. Our first visit but we will certainly be back again to sample more of the menu.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Went here yesterday, didn't have a reservation, we're told to wait for more customers to turn up then we would all be taken upstairs to a table. Found the waiters unfriendly and unapproachable. We waited 20mins no other customer came in, weren't offered any drinks while we waited so we ended up leaving. Even then no one bothered to ask why we were leaving. Won't be going there again or recommend it. Too expensive for basic run-off the mill food.

9  Thank 277Raj