“Absolute perfection, great decor, great food and very friendly staff”

Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Prashad is an award winning Indian vegetarian restaurant in the heart of West Yorkshire. It is based in a renovated pub building in Drighlington, which has been transformed into an intimate and vibrant Gujarati eaterie. It features a large bar area where the in-house mixologist serves up perfectly-matched cocktails, locally-brewed beers and wines with roadside snacks and Indian tapas. There are three different dining areas and a snug that can be individually booked for private parties. The open pass kitchen brings the passionate Head Chef and her team closer to the customers. In the last 12 months alone we have been awarded the Morrisons Magazine Great Grub Award 2013, the Yorkshire Life Chef of the Year 2013 (which Minal and Kaushy won jointly), the Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand 2014, and the Yorkshire Evening Post Oliver Awards Best Indian Restaurant 2014!
Yorksire
“Absolute perfection, great decor, great food and very friendly staff”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Well, this was a same day online booking on a whim, I had been to Prashad, Bradford 12 months ago and was very satisfied on that occasion, however the restaurant has moved two or three notches higher since then. Mr Ramsey needs to visit again and see what the cooking is like now, wow its brilliant.
The decor is very classy but understated and fits with a smart casual atmosphere it exudes.
On a snowy Yorkshire evening (Tuesday) the restaurant was busy, so they must be doing something right.
staff are attentive and very friendly, our waitress Becky was delightful, she was bubbly and enthusiastic about the food and explained in detail about each and every course and dish we enquired about, we were then treated to a mini tour of the premises, nothing was too much trouble.
Our wine waiter Saif was equally helpful and chatted to us without being obtrusive, he was a really friendly guy.
Now the food, every dish we had was absolutely great, the tastes were original and you could decipher the different ingredients and the freshness of each component. some tastes were gentle and soothing coconut a prominent feature of some dishes whilst bold tamarind was evident in others.
Im a proper caveman but if I had to eat vegetables for the rest of my life I would want to eat them at Prashad.
I have read a few (and only a few) bad reviews about Prashad and in my humble opinion the people who wrote them have their tastes buds in the wrong place.
Thank you Prashad for a great eating experience.
As we were leaving the owner of the restaurant was driving out in his in his car, he reversed and opened his window to ask "if we had enjoyed our meal"
We certainly did.

1 Thank steve b
veggie23, Owner at Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Hi Steve, thanks for writing such a wonderful review, sop comprehensive, we are delighted that we touched your heart and hope we get the chance again soon. Our whole ethos at Prashad is one of passion, passion in the cooking, passion in the service, passion in the smile, passion in the ambiance, passion in absolute everything we do, Becky and Saif are true examples of the Prashad team, they are truly amazing and we are very fortunate to have such wonderful people working with Prashad, we all everyday aim to be one of the very best restaurants in the country.....Bobby

• Indonesian first
Northants, England
“Overbooked!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked a table for 4 for 9:00pm on Saturday 2nd Feb. We arrived on time but were asked to wait at the bar until 9:40pm when we were eventually shown to our table. Our food did not arrive until almost 10:30pm. Far too long a wait, so when the food did arrive our appetites had more or less gone.

Based upon other reviews on the quality of food I guess I would try the Prashad again, but I would definitely not put up with the wait we endured on our first visit.

2 Thank JandHQ
Hi JandHQ, thanks for sharing and I am sorry that the delay was as long as that, unfortunately the diners on your table before you had got lost and therefore this meant the whole of that table was running late all night, we certainly do not over book our restaurant and we always try and make sure we have flexibility, that night being the most busiest night in any restaurant we were not able to recover and get you another table, I hope you come back and we are able to give you a perfect experience....Bobby
London, United Kingdom
“New location - same great food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Having previously enjoyed the Prashad menu in Bradford, we tried the new place a little closer to home in Drighlington.
The new location is great, and an improvement on the old one. The food is up to the same high standards, and very tasty - spicy and well prepared. The service was very good. The new bar makes good sense - although we did not try one o fthe new cocktails! Maybe next time.

• Visited January 2013
Hi John, thanks for writing, really pleased you like the new place and as you say the food is just as good, Minal is busier but loves he new restaurant she has so much more room in the kitchen and loves the layout. Amrit looks forward to mixing you some amazing cocktails on your next visit..Bobby
Newark, United Kingdom
“Just as expected!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Having seen Prashad on TV I had very high expectations. My boyfriend took me for my birthday and I have to say it was one of the best dining experiences I have had.
I new restaurant looks beautiful, elegant and spacious. The staff were extremely attentive and polite.
We opted for the taster starter which I would highly recommend. It was possibly the best Indian food I have tasted. The chef even sent us the day's special starter to try also!
The mains were also excellent but not quite as good as the starter. Perhaps a taster platter for mains could also be introduced??
Thank you for a great birthday!!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bernadetteg49
veggie23, Owner at Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
HI bernadetteg4g, thank you for taking the time and sharing su h a wonderful review, so pleased to read that we were able to celebrate your birthday with you and that it ranks as one of your best ever dining experiences. We look forward to serving you again soon and I will propose your idea to Minal....Bobby
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Utterly delicious in great new location”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We are already big fans of Prashad, having visited for years in the old location, but the new venue in Drighlington is really special. Lovely decor and great service complement the spectacularly good menu, and the atmosphere was buzzing, even at 5.30 when we sat down to eat. Bobby and the staff were brilliantly attentive, as always. We shared a Special Chaat as a starter - you have to try this, it's wonderful - and my wife chose a Mysore Dosa and I had the Chilli Paneer for main courses. Both were really delicious. We finished by sharing a Shrikand, a thick creamy dessert topped with pomegranate seeds.

It's hard to add to what the hundreds of others have already said in reviews here, but my vegetarian wife declared Prashad her 'best restaurant in the world' this evening, so I really felt I had to post a review. From my perspective, we're just very lucky to live so close to this lovely restaurant. And I see Kaushy's cookbook topped the charts in the Independent this week!

2 Thank Adrian R
veggie23, Owner at Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Hi Adrian, thank you for taking the time and sharing your wife's declaration, it is a real thrill to be given such an accolade and we sincerely will strive to keep raising the bar and make sure we keep the title. All the years and every single customer we served at our old location was for a reason and a dream, today we are now living that dream and are really really pleased that you are part of our journey, Minal strives everyday to push the boundaries of her cuisine and challenge the very nature of indian cooking. She has a lot to gve and now a fitting environment to give it in....Bobby