“Great family pup”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We love brickworks family friendly the play area is good value and fun the food has always been good value and excellent we love the Sunday Calvary ! Excellent service too

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great building from a distance. Needs some tender love and care on the upkeep of the outside as well as inside.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by this pub for something to eat with my bf, was really hungry after travelling down from Sunderland on the train. Had a nice friendly welcome as we were seated - asked if we'd dined there before and went through how to order etc. I had the sausage mash and peas. I don't know if its prepared on the premises or frozen etc but the mash was really nice and the three sausages were rich and tasty. For the price (£6.79) I would have liked a few more peas, wasn't a lot on my plate. My bf had steak and ale pie with chips, that was a decent sized meal. He ordered a side of onion rings - you get loads! It was a nice quiet pub, would like to go back and try the carvery sometime. Better pub grub than a wetherspoons on this occasion I'd say.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

we have been eating at this Premier Inn for months now but since they changed their menu it has improved drastically. The food arrives hot and well cooked every time snd the staff are very friendly too. we eat on average 3 times a week as the prices are reasonable too - give it a try!"

1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Kids loved it (separate Fun Factory soft play - additional charges apply) so happy kids = happy parents. The food was okay, we didn't have to wait long for it. Slightly disappointed with the carvery as I managed to get 4 slices of beef gristle and at £10 a go, I would have expected better for this price. However, the kids meals were more than adequate with great portion sizes and they were good value. The staff were great, really helpful and the manager went to great lengths to explain everything to us.

1  Thank AnnieYk