“Simply outstanding!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Simply outstanding!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Like previous reviewers, haven't been there for ages but remembered it as being great some years ago. Took a punt for my wife's birthday based on the most recent reviews on TA, and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable meals we've eaten in a long time (outside of the little kitchen we found in Manchester's China Town I hasten to add!!) The food was fabulous, and like others here, we decided to order just 1 main meal between 2 as the portions were huge, and we'd all had the obligatory starters and shredded aromatic duck to start with. The starters consisted of my wife's favourite prawns in rice paper; just as good as we remembered them, harlequin hordeuves, which is a mixture of everyone's favourite, and the hot and sour chilli soup which was reserved for Grandma as she likes it hot!!

They were all served piping hot and with a lovely warm towel to clean the fingers afterwards. Then came the duck, half amongst 4 people was plenty, and surprisingly came without the usual carcass. We reckon the hoi sin sauce was fresh home made and excellent. The main courses were served a little later than I would have preferred, but it gave time for the starters to settle a bit. The quality of the Singapore noodles were outstanding, and the waiter had actually done as we asked and had the kitchen make a milder version (not alwayd the case)

Overall, the staff were very friendly, the food was fabulous, the atmosphere was very nice, and to top it off they moved us to a table at the side of a piping hot radiator for my wife who's a bit cold usually (physically I hasten to add just in case she reads this..:-)) I can't fault this restaurant, and at just over £80 for 4 including drinks, it is unbelievable value for money. We'll definitely be going back again, and again, and again.....

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Derek B

“Great”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Haven't been for a long time and was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the food. We were served promptly and the food was hot and fresh.the staff were great and as I have food allergies were quick to tell me which I could and couldn't eat, and even brought a separate dish for me. Will be going again. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carol E
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“very friendly staff and good food”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were the only people there but it was early Monday evening. The food was very good and hot and the staff were very attentive and friendly. I would certainly go again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank carol b
Leeds
“Great location, staff and food”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location in an Old style English Pub :)

Food is delicious, good pricing. Pictures uploaded.

Recommendation: the plates are quite large so if having starter and shredded duck. Make sure you order 1 meal for 2 people!

The staff were wonderful enough to tell us in advance we had ordered too much food :)

Will be going back very soon!!

1 Thank YoungCouple08
Leeds
“Best Chinese food had in ages”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went one Friday evening without booking. Lovely staff who are quick and very professional. Food fab. Served without delay. Pleasant surroundings. Unlimited coffee. Big round tables ideal for groups. Very good value for money. Will go be going again soon

• Visited December 2013