“Ok for a one off visit”

Charlotte's Ice Cream Parlour
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Dewsbury
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Home made Jersey Ice Cream cafe with stunning views over the Calder Valley. Rare breed animals,and adventure playground for the children. Plus seasonal rides.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went on a basis, " we're bored what shall we do today". So headed here. The two Polish girls were very friendly saying hi and smiling at us. The English staff which I presume are the owners couldn't care less, since we were the only customers in the shop at the time. Lets just say we're not white or black. Anyway ordered, nice view of the the town below. The ice cream wasn't all that great, melted super quick, compared to the ice cream bought at the super market. No juices or soft drinks, only milkshakes or hot beverages, considering it was a hot day when we visited.

To sum it up, nice view, shame about the ice cream, thumbs up to the Polish girls for great customer service. Too bad about the owners couldn't care to even raise a smile at the only customers in the shop.

1  Thank Jay J

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We have visited the ice cream parlour to meet friends and was presently surprised! Our toddlers loved the animals and the train ride.

The Ice cream was fantastic and I was very pleased that they catered for gluten allergies by selling gluten free ice cream and cones.

Great service :) we can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Jilly M
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have been here several times before and enjoyed ourselves but today (29/08/13) we have decided we won't be going back! The staff were not very friendly, the bread on our extremely overpriced sandwiches was stale & had to be sent back & the final straw was been charged £6 for my 5 year old & 10 month old to ride on the miniature train for 2 minutes! The train costs £2 per person which is a rip off anyway but even though the baby was sat on my knee & not taking up a seat on the train I was charged for both him & myself! The menus in the cafe say if you've not enjoyed yourself let us know & so we spoke to the manager about not being very happy & her attitude was if you don't like it don't come back! Don't worry we won't be doing! Just hope the owners realise how bad it is before its too late!

3  Thank Ruth S
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited today 28/8 with my 2 children. The place is very dated and tired. Staff were very unhelpful and quite rude. Not much choice in the cafe, very, very overpriced. Had high hopes for the ice cream but it was totally tasteless. Waste of money. Only good thing is the view.
Won't be returning and won't be recommending.

2  Thank Nichola s
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

All I heard were rave reviews about Charlottes so decided to try it out.. pretty remote place but nice to get away from the town.. the animals didn't look in good shape. Empty pig pen filled with barbed wire and wood .. we saw two baby goats one who was in alot of pain making alot of noise and was limping to its mother who had rejected it ... I heard a women say she had told the staff yet nothing as been done!! NOT SOMETHING I WANT TO SEE.. while treating with my child who got upset at this .. ice cream was reasonably priced however the palour looked very tierd and warn not vintage made it very unappetising to eat there .. the ice cream was okay tasted alot like you could get from the supermarket.. very confused at the great reviews!! I dont think ill be rushing back anytime soon

1  Thank arghreviews