This is the worst hotel we have ever 'stayed' in. Below explains all.
My wife and I are quite frequent guests at Premier Inns. However our experience at the Premier Inn, Pontefract has shaken our faith to the core. We always believed that Premier Inns were thoroughly inspected. We were absolutely disgusted with this hotel.
The car park was filthy dirty. Old and new food containers and drink containers, whole and flattened, were scattered around the car park. My wife and I were undecided whether to stay or go somewhere else. As I was so tired after a long drive we decided to stay.
On arrival we were greeted at reception by a rather nasty odour. Perhaps the drains required a service. I hope it was the drains!!
No lift. There were two flights of stairs, one of which was very dark and steep. The lights did not work! We reported this to reception and were told that they knew about the lights. They had not worked for a while that was why the Fire Doors were wedged open to allow light to come from elsewhere. An accident waiting to happen. What would the Fire Brigade or the Health and Safety Inspectors make of that?
The room was very small and dirty!! There were cobwebs festooning the ceiling. We did take photographs. The kettle had hot chocolate splashes dried to its side and the cups looked as though they had been rubbed out with a dirty cloth.
While wondering what to do my wife and I could hear a conversation between three gentlemen, we thought was coming from outside our door. When the language became obscene I opened the door but there was no-one there. It was then we realised that the conversation was coming from the room next door. It was normal volume not shouted.
At this point we could hear the young gentleman on the other side using the toilet. Infact we heard every last DROP! We could hear his wet feet squeaking as he took a shower. The extractor fan from his shower room was deafening my wife and I, and I'm 60% deaf already! The walls were paper thin.
We debated what we should do? Was the situation likely to improve as the night progressed or are we going to be woken up when the gentlemen return from the pub next door, and relieve their bladders during the small hours of the night??? Repeatedly through the night!! There conversation would probably be louder and cruder. How much sleep are we expecting??? NOT MUCH!!
We decided to take our bags and ask reception for another room.
We were told at reception that all the rooms were the same. We asked the young receptionist if we could speak to the Duty Manager? She asked us to wait while she ' got her out of the pub.'
We waited for about 10min. When the Duty Manager arrived we explained our complaints. She told us that there were no other rooms ready and that all the rooms were the same anyway. My wife asked for our money to be refunded. The Duty Manager did not know how to refund money. When my wife insisted, the Duty Manager phoned someone to give her instructions. Our money was refunded to our account.
Premier Inn Pontefract must rank as the worst hotel my wife and I have ever been in. It is certainly the first hotel that we have walked out of without staying even one night.
I would respectfully suggest to Premier Inns that they consider selling this hotel, as it is nowhere near their standard, or give it a complete refurbish and retrain ALL of the staff.
This hotel is certainly doing the reputation of Premier Inns no good at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Darrington By Good Night Inns is situated within the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, close to the historical villages of Wentbridge and Badsworth. The hotel is conveniently located just 2 minutes from the A1, making it the ideal stop over for guests travelling to Pontefract, Doncaster and Leeds. Places of interest within easy access include The Mid Yorkshire Golf Club, Pontefract and Doncaster Race Course (famous for the St Ledger Race Meeting) and the popular entertainment complex Xscape. The hotel is also easy to get to from Pontefract train station. The Darrington pub in Pontefract, West Yorkshire is a popular Fayre & Square family pub restaurant and the ideal choice if you want to escape the hassle of cooking and enjoy time with your family and friends. Enjoy a traditional Sunday roast with the family, great pub classics like hand battered fish & chips, hotpots and juicy steaks cooked just how you like them – there is something to tempt everyone’s taste buds. Younger guests can enjoy our superb kids’ menu ideal for even the fussiest eaters! We also have a fantastic selection of wines, draught lagers and soft drinks to compliment your meal. We offer a great range of delicious meals & Square Deals, including our famous 2 for £10 meal range. So next time you are in Pontefract and looking for great value food every day of the week, we look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Good Night Inns Darrington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Pontefract South Hotel Darrington
- Good Night Inns Darrington Hotel West Yorkshire