Good Night Inns Darrington Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Darrington
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“ok”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

stayed here for one night,not one of the best premier inns ive stayed at,needed a coat of paint in places,but for £29 what can you say,i did ask for ground floor as i have arthritis but was given a room on the first floor there was no lift so struggled with cases,i think it should be stated that theres no lift in the place,appart from that food was good in the pub which is attached to the inn,breakfast was good but the waitress was on her own so service was really slow ,not her fault,and i think the breakfast is over priced compared to other places it has just risen to £8.20,need to eat a lot for that.will have breakfast else where in future,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hadleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We paid £29 or a nights stay so I cannot complain about the price.

The hotal is just seconds off of the A1. There is basically a pub and the rooms are on top and towards the back. You park in the pub car park whcih was busy but we found a space ok but bays are tight.

Entrance to the hotel is just to the left of the pub but easy to find.

One thing I must say is that the staff were all brilliant, not good but excellent. Very friendly and helpful.
I asked for a quiet room and was given a room on the first floor towards the back. With the windows closed we could not hear any road noise. Other guests could be heard as they walked along the corridor but not too bad,

The room was small but adequate. It seemed clean and everyting worked fine. My only complaint was the pillows. They were rock hard

We popped down for a quick beer in the evening. The pub has some great food deals on but we did not eat. Drinks I thought were very expensive. We did consider having breakfast but decided against it in the morning.

I only gave this hotel 3 stars as it is a budget hotel. If you can get a room for less than £50 than its a bargain. I would stay here again.

I would however not want to stay here for more than a couple of days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Helensburgh
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was part of a group of ten people staying at this hotel as we were attending a family wedding in a nearby 4* hotel. I can honestly say that the service we received here far outranked the service that we received at 4* hotel.

As stated in other reviews, the hotel was easy to find. We were greeted with a warm welcome at reception and staff took time to speak to my 3 year old neice. We were given our room keys and our party had been allocated rooms right next to each other. I found the rooms to be clean and at a comfortable temperature. We had a family room as our neice stayed with us which were bigger than the double rooms. Our bathroom had a bath and a shower in it although the other double rooms were smaller with shower only, but more than adequate for our needs.

We had been travelling for a number of hours and decided to have some food in the bar. Although busy, we were served quickly and the menu had an extensive list which was brilliant value for money (many 2 for £10 meals). This was brought quickly to our table and although the group ordered food seperately, this was brought out together (as much as possible). The food was tasty and of reasonable quality. Childrens menu also looked great with plenty of choice.

Back at the room, my neice had a bath, water was great temperature and filled up really quickly. Beds were extremely comfy and being 7 months pregnant this was really important to me. We stayed on a Thursday and Friday night and noise did not bother us - the only person that I heard was my aunt going to her room next door.

Breakfast was brilliant - quality of food was great and service was second to none. Particularly on the Saturday morning when we were served by Dan and Duty manager who could not do enough for us despite it being a busy morning service. I picked up a croissant and before I could get back to my table, DM offered to heat this up. Coffee ran out (busy morning) but this was replaced and coffee was brought to our table.

On the Friday morning, the water in our shower was cold. I tried to phone reception but did not get an answer. I ended up having a shower in my aunts room and my husband had a bath. On our way out, I reported this to reception. I was immediately offered a room swap as maintenance would not be out until later that day. As we were away for the full day and had the option of showering elsewhere, I declined this offer. On my return which was fairly late at night, I spoke to DM at reception. He had been up to the room and explained that if the temperature is turned too hot this could cause the water to turn cold and not go hot again. He had reset this for us and also offered us an alternative room where we could shower if we did not want to move room. Shower temperature was fine after this and no one else in our party had this issue.

There was a cash machine in the hotel but this was out of order. The DM fixed this for us.

All in all, I was very impressed with the service at this hotel and would highly recommend staying here to anyone who was considering it.

Room Tip: Family rooms are bigger and have bath and shower facility
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The hotel was easy to find with the help of the Premier Inn sat nav download and offered easy access to reasonable hot food and a pint after we checked in. However, I can't say that I enjoyed staying there and may have just chanced driving for a few more hours to get home had I known prior to booking.

The hotel itself is rather dated and the route to our room was a little circuituitous, needing to bash through several doors and climbing awkward stairs whilst laden with luggage. After using the room key (not used one in years, it's always been a swipe card) my husband and I were greeted by a rather unpleasant damp and musty smell that no amount of deodorant or open windows could fix. The decor is standard for the chain, and the room was reasonably clean, apart from the shower head which probably hadn't had a clean in years judging from the limescale build up. The extractor fan in the bathroom was noisy, ineffectual and didn't actually stop once the light was switched off, and instead rumbles on for another 10 to 15 minutes as it pleases. The shower was awkward to use, and after standing in the tub freezing for a minute, I got frustrated and turned the knob all the way to the end of the 'red zone', which usually means it will melt your skin off. However, it did not and I managed to shower, no thanks to the broken body wash dispenser (which I shouldn't have used anyway) or the shower head that would only blast water or dribble at your feet. The bed was also quite uncomfortable, being two single mattresses on two divan bases that are hooked together. If I rolled to the centre of the bed I would get a very hard edge in my side that wasn't incredibly pleasant. I did however manage to get some sleep, mainly due to exhaustion, after the drunks downstairs rolled off into the night past 11.30pm and the other guests stopped talking and crashing about in their own rooms (paper thin walls). Another reviewer said they were awoken by the cleaner downstairs on Sunday morning, but we didn't have that trouble - we were up and ready to leave by that time! I would not reccomend this hotel or choose to stay in it again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly L, Social Media at Good Night Inns Darrington Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Darrington hotels

London, England
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel is certainly well located, alongside the A1 and one mile south of the junction with the M62. Approaching from the south we found it reasonably easily (though I did initially take the wrong exit from the A1).

The hotel reception is tucked away at one side of a pub/restaurant, and we didn't immediately see it. However, the pub staff quickly pointed us in the right direction. The hotel recpetionist was very friendly and quickly organised our rooms.

The hotel must be one of the older premier inns, and the bathroom in my room was showing a few signs of age, but everything was clean and in working order. One minor irritation was the lack of soap in the dispenser alongside the washbasin. The furniture in the room was all standard premier inn furniture, clean, well maintained and comfortable.

The room was a little cool when I entered, but the controller was easy to adjust, and the heating system was very responsive.

I has a comfortable night, and despite being within sight of the A1 the room was very quiet.

In the morning we had the premier breakfast, This is one of the strengths of the premier inn chain: freshly cooked food and as much as you can eat, together with a good range of cereals, fruits, pastries fruit juices and hot drinks.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely use the hotel again. However, some of the furnishings are beginning to look a little tired, and it may need some refurbishment in the not too distant future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, having stayed here previously in a tiny room, i requested an upstairs room in the hope it was bigger. We were positioned right at the front of the hotel over the pub and there was some noise that carried from the pub on a nighttime, but very little past 11pm. The room was spacoius and clean, the bathroom needed a little tlc but on the whole was clean, the shower was fine, tho the extractor fan was incredibly noisy and didnt shut off for a good 10 minutes or so. We ate in the pub and the meals were nice and good value for money, the staff were all pleasant. The receptionist that checked us in was very helpful informing us of places to visit in the area. We were woken at 7am sunday morning by the hoover in the pub downstairs, but this cant really be helped. We hadnt booked for breakfast but arrived at 9.30 and our breakfast orders taken etc. the continental/tea coffee etc wasnt the best ive had in a premier inn but was ok. There is ample parking even when the pub was full and hardly any noise from the a1.

I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend a friends wedding at a nearby hotel. Lovely friendly staff. Room was clean but absolutely freezing cold and considering it was snowing outside, it wasnt the ideal start to our stay. We were unable to see out of the window due to condensation. The shower was freezing cold both times when we tried to use it, however the bath water was red hot. To be fair, for £19 it was still very good value for money and a wise move due to the amount of snow that fell in such a short space of time! Would definitely visit again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank debh07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darrington
Travelodge Pontefract Ferrybridge A1/M62
#1 of 1 in Monk Fryston
CitiLodge Hotel
CitiLodge Hotel
#18 of 19 in Wakefield

Been to Good Night Inns Darrington Hotel? Share your experiences!