Kyte Hotel
PremierInn.com
Orbitz.com
King's Croft Hotel(Pontefract)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroast beefafternoon teaovernight stopfull english breakfastcourse mealfollowing morningexcellent value for moneyweddingvenuediscomains
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Room 10 next to the stairs should be avoided at all costs! It is VERY noisy and has a gap under the door that must make it fail fire regulations!! The bathroom has mould showing on the tiles and the overall cleanliness needs "work"...didn't eat there due to the poor standard of hygiene in the room!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in room 10...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug_Cartlidge
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Rude, ignorant, unhelpful, disorganised, miserable staff! We have stayed here 3 nights due to working locally and only because the hotel we wanted was fully booked (Kings Croft). We were never asked once if we enjoyed our stay even when checking out. They just took the payment and basically ignored us! The breakfast is £7.50 which is ridiculous for what you get. There was more fat on the bacon than bacon, the coffee was cold and there was no tea! Selection of cereals is atrocious. Deep fried sawdust sausages, frazzled fried eggs! The rooms aren't clean probably because all the cleaners want to do is shout there personal conversations from one end of the corridor to the other!
OVERALL VERY POOR! AVOID!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Freya245
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was booked for me by another hotel which double booked me. Had I read the reviews, I would not have booked. I would have been right. Nevertheless, I must begin by saying that the service we received the evening we arrived was friendly, prompt and helpful. There ends our positive experience. The family room was dingy,had a dubious stain on the ceiling tiles and it offered very little natural light, despite having two windows. The walls were paper-thin and we (including my 6 year old son) were woken at 4.20 am to the couple next door having loud sex for an hour! After an abysmal night's sleep I then had to wait 30 minutes for breakfast which can be at best described as overdone. With only our party having cooked breakfast I'm baffled why they felt the need to cremate my egg for a full thirty minutes before presenting it to me. My advice to the hotel: put your best staff on the morning shift; this is your customers' lasting memory. Also, rearrange the furniture in your family room to better insulate against noise pollution. My advice to customers: go to the premiere inn next door; they offer a full refund if you don't get a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: An end room on the first floor may offer less internal noise pollution but you will have the traffic noise from the A1. Swings and roundabouts!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ReidsNottingham
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night 29th Sept. Booked very late and got a room only for £29.75. It was a great value for money stay, the room was clean and spacious, with plenty of tea/coffee making facilities, clean en-suite, comfortable bed.
The staff I found very friendly especially the night porter, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. BarryD (titan)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Rooms at best are poor b&b standard. Checked in room wasn't clean bed not made from previous meal

Evening meal poor. Ordered tomato soup, after asking waitress when she asked if rest of group enjoyed starter I informed hero was still waiting, she returned to kitchen then asked if I would eat leak and potato as they didn't have any tomato. Said not to bother as everyone else finished there's

Main meal of fish was over cooked and burnt. My partners duck was overdone and texture of liver. Deserts were shop bought and still frozen. Didn't stick around for breakfast next day

I know some people only go on here to moan but you will see from my other reviews this isn't my style

• Stayed: September 2013