“Pleasant enough”
Review of Kyte Hotel

Kyte Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Darrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Booked the restaurant for my Gran's 80th birthday meal and it was pleasant enough. The venue is nice and clean and furnished in a lovely style but there are little things I would say need to be addressed.
The Hostess gave us a very high level of service but some of the other staff left a little more to be desired, which really let the Kyte down.
When we arrived I told the Hostess who we were and she politely led us to the bar area where 2 bar staff were having a conversation with each other while clearing away a small amount of glasses. Neither of the staff looked up, or acknowledged us for 15 minutes. They carried on putting away glasses and once that task was complete they simply stood chatting away, while my family of 4 were lined up politely waiting for a drink. I would like to say it was possible that they did not understand why we were stood at the bar, or that they thought the Hostess had simply left us there to wait to be seated but unfortunately I really don't think this is the case, and we clearly didn't have any drinks in our hands. This situation was finally resolved by my father leaning over the bar and saying "excuse me?are you serving?"
Once the Hostess returned and led us to our table things greatly improved. She couln't do enough for us, constantly topping up our empty glasses and taking our order efficiently and quickly. She had even decorated the table for us with coloured 80 decorations which was much appreciated by my family.
The food was nice enough - nothing extra special but not of poor quality either. The value for money was good. I enjoyed my starter (smoked salmon salad) which was well prepared and of a good size, although it was a little tight on the salmon and liberal on the lettuce for my liking. Our main course of Sunday roast was also very nice. Each plate contained plenty of meat which was cooked well, the roast potatoes were a little disappointing - very small and very similar to aunt bessie's frozen roast potatoes, but the veg selection was great and cooked how it should be. My desert of Eton Mess was nice, but there was a fair bit more whipped cream than anything else.
Overall the Kyte is clean, well kept and pleasant - with excellent service from the Hostess. It's all a bit bland though. If you want a nice experience I certainly recommend it, however, if you are looking for something different, a little luxury, top quality service from everyone or are simply wanting to pull out all the stops for a loved one then the Kyte would be a little underwhelming

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheHepworths

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Attended a wedding here absolutley fantastic from start to finish, amazing service, amazing food lovely friendly staff :-) i would defo recommend this place to people of all ages business or pleasure and defo worth a look if your looking to book a wedding nothing seemed to be too much trouble

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thank you Vicky and all the staff for making our daughters wedding on 6 July 2013 such a special and carefree day, I would recommend anyone to have their wedding at your hotel and the food is amazing. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they were so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is situated just off the A1, in a location typical of a number of chain establishments that cater for people just requiring an overnight stop. The quality of the accomodation isn't necessarily any better, but at least it doesn't feel like you are staying in a room identical to several thousand others around the country.
The menu in the restaurant is varied and prepared on site rather than being shipped in like some eateries attached to chain 'motels'.
They also advertise weddings and afternoon teas, so they aren't just catering for the overnight stop business.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived for a booked Sunday lunch and overnight stay. Found the hotel fairly busy and all going to plan. Dinner was fine - homely Yorkshire - and the room comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good. I would recommend the hotel for business and tourist travellers looking for decent accommodation away from the chains at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We recently had our wedding at the Kyte Hotel; on 29th March, when both the ceremony and reception were held there.

From the moment I arrived in the morning, I was nervy as you can imagine. The staff couldn't do more to make me feel at ease, especially Vicki and Amanda.

This great service continued through the day, right through to the next morning. Everything was so organised, and they kept letting us know how everything was going, taking all the stress away from our special day, allowing us to enjoy every second of it.

The room was clean, tidy, and the facilities were of high quality.

The food was excellent, and all our guests (approx. 50) couldn't praise it enough. The hot & Cold buffet in the evening received equal amounts of praise from our guests - its just a shame I never managed to eat any of it!!!

I'll be staying here again as the bar staff are helpful, attentive, and the meals are 5 star in quality. The atmosphere is fantastic, a real chilled out feel to the place, meaning it's great for a quiet break with the mrs!

I'd highly recommend the Kyte Hotel to anyone, not just for a short stay, but for anybody who is looking for a wedding venue with good values, service, and attention to detail.

Thanks to all the staff at Kyte, including Vicki, Amanda, and Andre, for a fantastic wedding, and for all your help and support in making our special day possible!

Room Tip: The rooms towards the front of the building offer more light, so would recommend requesting these ah...