“my Lonely Planet traveller's guide describes Salinas as "there is nothing for the traveller here but the gut...”
Review of Frank's Place - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 19, 2007

my Lonely Planet traveller's guide describes Salinas as "there is nothing for the traveller here but the gut wrenching stench of human misery..." Salinas was my home for 5 months and I think the discription comes close. A marina here draws small sailboats and travellers seeking a harbor along their modest voyages. Another fellow marooned gringo described Salinas as "it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." A tiny place outside the marina called Frank's Place offers cheap beers, good food, and a little reminder of what it was like living in the US via Frank's TV set. Frank makes his own hot sauce from various peppers and tasty ingredients and he takes pride in its degree of hot. When asked why he makes it so sadistically hot, he defends himself with "hot" is hot... you asked for hot wings right? These are the hottest wings I have ever tasted, and I've eaten many wings in my life. Despite its ridiculous excessiveness of spiciness, they have a tangy and sweet fruity flavor that keeps you ordering them, and then immediately regretting that decision a little. Do not touch your eyes, and wash your hands immediately after. Yes, there is often the ring of fire. The calamari and fried ravioli are also good here. The pizza has the most cheese you can possibly fit onto a pizza. If you see Frank, try and get that hot sauce recipe from him... good luck.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook