“No longer what it was”

Ladi's Place
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oldest restaurant in Playa de salinas. Beautiful seaside view restaurant and bar. Original "Mojo Isleño" recipe, best seafood restaurant in Salinas. Must see and try
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I grew up coming to Salinas , almost every Summer weekend in the 80's and Ladi's was the higlight of our visit, the place was vey nice, the food was excellent and the view to die for....well the view is whats left of that. I treated my Mom for all times sake and was very dissaponted that the place has not been kept up. The food was not what I remembered, or bad, but i though was just bland and forgetable.

Still a gret place to have some drinks and enjoy the sunset, but there are better choices for a great seafood meal in Salinas.

I hope they get their grove back and turn this place to its old glory.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to this restaurant since the mid-80s when the chef was Ladi who had since retired. I admit that I come because the water view is incomparable. I don't come for the food. Over the years I've been served canned vegetables, minuscule salads, and now worst of all the food is just bland. I mourn the loss of what could be a great restaurant as they seem to have eve misplaced the recipe for their signature dish Mojileno, Lastly and even more importantly, the location on a beach road is too unsafe after dark. It's a 10 minute ride through an almost dilapidated area. On the way there we passed a man on the road aiming a rifle at the other side of the road, Later upon departing just after sunset three local residents demanded a $100 "fine" for starting to go the wrong way on what one screamed was a one-way. I sped away when the screamer turned away. It likely safer on the weekends when there are more than 10 patrons in this I guess busy restaurant but the restaurant's location and lack of security resulted in the most unsafe experience during a week's stay.

1  Thank manya62692
Reviewed January 20, 2014

While the view was to die for, the food and service were a disaster. I'd wonder if we ordered the wrong items but there were four of us and we each ordered a different dish. The mofongo was fine but each of the three other seafood items were completely overdone. Given the price point ($20-27/entree), this was disappointing. The service also was lacking. It's a beach bar and I'm happy to enjoy the view, but it took forever to get a second round.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a great family style resuarant. The prices are higher than you'd expect for the casual atmosphere. Must eat the crab which is there thing.

2  Thank SGHistory
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I visit this seafood restaurant yesterday with my family and the whole experience was excellent beginning with our waiter , LOURDES that treated my family very friendly and the service was superb , we had the small sampler to started including sorullitos ,chicken fingers ,bolitas de queso and alitas de pollo and we ordered as main dishes the FILET OF REDSNAPPER , CAMARONES EMPANADOS .THE FILET OF MAHI MAHI with famous MOJO ISLENO and SALMOREJO DE JUEYES wiyh white rice and tostones , really too much ,more than 16 for 2 people in addition the side order of ARROZ MANPOSTEADO was abundant , for all people although the cost was 8 dollars , this place served too much portions and you will enjoy the ambience in the PLAYA of SALINAS area , give a trial to this southern seafood restaurant you will enjoy eating there .

2  Thank ISRAEL29