“nice restaurant in Salinas, Puerto Rico”
Review of Ladi's Place

Ladi's Place
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oldest restaurant in Playa de salinas. Beautiful seaside view restaurant and bar. Original "Mojo Isleño" recipe, best seafood restaurant in Salinas. Must see and try
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If your in a hurry skip this restuarant. The day I visited on 7/19/13, our party of five had to wait over an hour before we actually saw food at our table. The vista is nice, and the staff friendly.

2  Thank 388Guillermo388
There are newer reviews for Ladi's Place

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Ladis Place Restaurant is not only the best in seafood ... it's the best restaurant.Again we were surprised by the hospitality. After four months we were still surprised by both the quality and hospitality we found here. A great no nonsense place were everybody can be him or herself. Good, fair food and great people.

1  Thank Julliann
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have to remember hard when was the last time I went to such a bad restaurant. From the appearance of the entrance and the time we had to wait to be acknowledged by a waitress, to the "ambiance" and the food, this place gives me "verguenza ajena". This is a local way of saying thay you are ashamed on behalf of someone else. In this case, I was ashamed on behalf of the good people of Salinas.

We went there invited by very good friends, which is the only reason we actually had a good time; We always do with them. Otherwise, this would have been a total loss. The appetizers we uneatable. The sorullitos were chewy, like they were heated in a microwave instead of being fried fresh. The chicharrones de Mero were only passable. The fish I ordered, Dorado with butter, tasted just a little better than cardboard. It came with a bland salad, if you can call a couple of pieces of lettuce and a slice of tomato, a salad. I also had some tostones. They were the only thing that I ate there that was actually good.

All the time I was thinking of how close we were to El Dorado, another restaurant in the area, which is so good and so nice. But we decided to come here for a change. Some change it was.

4  Thank ShrekPR
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

What can i say!!! Hummnn just went today and the service was horrible, had to wait for 2 hrs to be served. True that we where 18 but when you see that most than haft the table has not been served and other waiters are serving food to other tables that arrived later that means something is wrong.

Then worst when you ask the waiter what's the status of the food and they say the kitchen dont know what orders are missing and there are confused.

The party asked for spoon, mojito and other related questions and stil waiting for them. Food is overpriced with no special taste, have tasted better food in cheaper local restaurants.

Definitely would not go back nor recommend it!!!

3  Thank Martinpr
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I can't give this place less than an "excellent" rating; everything about my experience was great! The ambiance is amazing; we sat at a table right next to the railing and watched the sun set over the sea from comfortable chairs. I ordered sangria due to a recommendation on here, and it didn't disappoint (though it doesn't rank as the best I've ever tasted, it was good, and strong enough to be worth a 2nd). For my meal, I went with fish, being that it's a seafood restaurant, after all. Since they were out of chillo, the waitress recommended mero, and it did NOT disappoint! Melt-in-your-mouth good.
It's a little pricy, but not out of line with other sit down restaurants on the island. Most main courses average $20 per plate. But for fresh, delectable seafood in a place with such a great view, I'll pay.

1  Thank ShiningHalo