We have been there in 2005 first and kept in good memories the excellent kitchen which we enjoyed at a dinner there (in 2005). In July 2012 we meet after "renovation works" - the only thing that has changed was the location of the reception - the exactly same standard of rooms with the same old bathrooms etc. The only new thing was an internet connection (cable). Unfortunately, as in many European 4* hotels, WIFI connection is still not included in the room rate... The dinner was awful. I ordered a goldbrass but received only one quarter of it (as secondo piatto!) because the kitchen obviously has not bought enough for the dinner. The restaurant was helplessly understaffed, cutlery litteraly thrown at us. It can be seen as a symbol of the descent of the restaurant that they even forgot to light our candle. If I compare the prices for the room and food with what we got I must say this was helplessly overpaid! Italy has many more other jewels for gastronomy and hotellerie, therefore I will avoid this hotel in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The softly rolling hills of this verdant landscape are what inspired the genius of architect Palladio, the same hills that still today surround the splendid setting of the exclusive Hotel Villa Michelangelo. Built in the 1700s as the country home of the noble Tomi family of Vicenza, this elegant and serenely harmonious building is the perfect place in which to leave the bustle of daily life behind and let yourself be pampered by the refined luxury and exquisite service offered here. Come to bask in the princely elegance of the spacious halls, the lovely guest rooms and suites, to enjoy the large swimming pool that sits surrounded by olive trees, indulge in the fine traditional cuisine at the La Loggia restaurant or relax with a round of golf at the nearby exclusive club. Vicenza, Padua, Verona and Venice are not far away for a day trip to discover the fine art, wine and local culture that dates back centuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Villa Michelangelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Arcugnano
- Hotel Villa Michelangelo Arcugnano, Italy - Province Of Vicenza