“The best restaurant in the area. A must visit if you are in Vicenza” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Nogarazza - CLOSED

La Nogarazza
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“The best restaurant in the area. A must visit if you are in Vicenza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Great food served by a kind and caring staff. Pasta is wonderful. The fish baked in salt is outstanding and the deserts are delectable.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice Christmas dinner in a friendly ambiance.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

We had the pleasure of having our family Christmas dinner at the Nogarazza. We were vacationing in Italy and were afraid not to find anything open - let alone decent - on the 24th. Our fears were unfounded. The food was really great, the service efficient and friendly, and the local wine from Ducati was a very pleasant surprise. Under the guidance of the owner, we composed our menu primarily from specialties from Veneto, and loved it. As the main course, two of us settled for a t-bone steak, and it was out of this world. Incredibly good.
We had a great time. Thanks.

• Visited December 2011
Vicenza, Italy
“Food's Great, but watch the check....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I've been here twice in the past few years. The main specialty of the area is bigoli with duck sauce. I think this is one of the better renditions of this sauce in the area. The seafood was fresh, the wine list was fairly decent, and I enjoyed the meat selection. On the other hand, both times that I came to this restaurant the bill was wrong. Once it was off by over 50 euros! Shocking! We were a group of 8 that time and I was appalled. When I brought it to Paolo's attention he fixed the check, but gave no apology or reason why it would be so off. As much as I hate saying it, since so many Americans come to this restaurant, the possibility crossed my mind that this happens frequently and he can "get away with it" with Americans. I think the food was great, I was just so disappointed that the check would be wrong not just once, but twice.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OverseasIowan
Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food in the Vicenza Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've been a regular at Nogarazza since moving to Vicenza in 2009. I cannot say enough great things about this restaurant. The food is always wonderful with all sorts of seasonal offernings. The food is always paired with a fabulous bottle of local wine. From start to finish, this will be one of the best meals you will have in this area.

• Visited December 2011
Reichenbach-Steegen, Germany
“The best restaurant in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

Having lived in Italy 12 years ago, I had the great pleasure of eating at La Nogarazza several times and I have to say that this is by far the best restaurant in the area.

I lived in Italy for almost 4 years and had the chance to try many different establishments all over this great country--this was by far my favorite.

Having the chance to come back again all these years later, it was great to catch up with Paolo, the 4th generation owner/operator of this establishment again. The cook, in his 20th year there, continues to amaze.

You need to go here if you're anywhere near Vicenza.....and even if it's out of the way, you won't be disappointed.....

Enjoy!!