“Excellent food”

The Puffer Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Puffer occupies two old quarriers cottages and the restaurant has a New England feel while the cosy bar is designed to resemble the stern of The Puffer 'Eilean Eisdeal'. Friendly and welcoming-leave your troubles behind on the mainland, catch the passenger ferry and enjoy a little piece of heaven beside the sea.Tearoom, restaurant & bar open daily Easter-Sept, Open throughout the winter but please check our website for details.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Excellent food and when the sun is out perfect to sit outside.
The cream scones are to die for. Wish I could have gone back to try more of the savoury dishes, they looked wonderful.

Visited May 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Stunning seafood”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were staying in a cottage on Easdale and saw ad for an eat as much as you like seafood buffet. Not really knowing what to expect we booked. It was amazing - locally caught lobster, crab, langoustine, mussels etc etc cooked to perfection plus dessert all for £20. Fantastic food at an unbelievable price. Great atmosphere, great service. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
Denbigh, United Kingdom
“Owner with a Phone Stuck to her Head.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I ventured over to Easedale Island on the tiny little ferry, a bit hairy with a bit of a swell. 2 Dogs Elvis & Telly. We knew in advance that the Puffer allows dogs in the very cosy little bar.

Walked in and sat down, only customers, could hear someone talking loudly on a mobile phone. This lady saw us come in but completely ignored us and carried on talking. She talked and she talked, loud voice which could do with a "Mute" button.

After about 15/20 mins the lady finished her phone call and came along to see what we wanted. Igot the impression that this lady was a bit annoyed that we had interrupted her ant on the mobile phone. Drinks arrived, followed by some food, homemade soup, tomato very good with a side order of chips.

Lady dissapears, more loud voices, anothertelephone call. My wife made the big mstake of ringing the ships bell which hangs in the bar. Got a bit of a bollocking, something about, I cannot be expected to be in 2 places at once. I avoided eye contact, and stroked the dog. Elvis my Whippet Cross hid under the seat. Dogs are very senstive, they sense when someone does not really like them.

Paid bill and left. On the way back to Oban called in at the "Men Without Trousers", very welcoming and helpful, restored my faith in landladies.

Phil & Elaine Coombes age 64.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank PhilC338
fenwickfox, Owner at The Puffer Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. I can remember the day you visited and would just like to explain that it was an extremely stressful day as a story had just broke in the press that our community fundraiser on the island (World Stone Skimming Championships)was under threat of being cancelled by the landowner. As one of the main organisers (and the only one available to speak to the press that day) i was suffering a deluge of calls constantly from journalists and trying to manage the situation with the charity's advisers. I can understand your frustrations and i am sorry if you felt neglected but I am a small business owner who is also a volunteer within our tiny rural community and sometimes things happen that you have no control over but just have to deal with. Unfortunately i do not have the resources to be able to leave and deal with situations outside of my premises and please believe me when i say that the day you visited was definitely not a normal day and one that i hope i never have to deal with again. Please accept my sincere apologies.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Surf & Turf!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent the weekend on Easdale Island this weekend, we ate in the Puffer on Saturday night! I had the surf'n'turf - venison and scallops on mash potatoes with veg - was absolutely delicious! My friends loved their food too...all plates were cleared! Great table service, brilliant craic in the bar afterwards, everyone so friendly!

• Visited September 2012
Copenhagen
“Nice seafood on this tiny island”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Warm welcome and very nice crab fish and langoustines. There is a boot service from Easdale to Puffin Island (takes 5 minutes)

Visited August 2012