We spent 5 days in Anthemus Sea Hotel during the 2nd week of August 2012 with our 6 and 9 years old boys. Sithonia peninsula, where the hotel is located is a really nice place with beautiful landscapes full of pine trees and sandy beaches with crystal clear water. So don't miss the opportunity and get stuck in the hotel.
The hotel itself is located in a small sandy beach surrounded by trees and flowers. We had a junior suite with a sofa bed for our kids, which was fine, the room was spacious and nice including the bathroom. Room cleaning was carried out daily with linen and towels changed also. The breakfast was very good as well as the food in terms of variety, quality and service. The buffet restaurant is probably the most organized place in the hotel. Car parking is also well organized with plenty of space. These were the good things.
Hotel beach: you have to wake up at 07:00-08:00am to rent (!) a sun bed for the whole day (!!). This is totally ineffective during your summer holidays where you select a beach hotel exactly for it's access at sea. So, if you don't wait in the queue, you simply don't get a sun bed for the whole day and actually you are obliged to look for another beach. The photos prove that the whole procedure sucks, as some "clever" guys find ways to bypass the system. We decided not participating in this game.
Hotel gym: was open from 10:00 to 18:00, instead of, let's say, btw 07:00-21:00. We were informed for this in a very formal "that's it you like it or not" style. The girls in the gym were meticulously following the rule of opening and closing time but what was really important was not followed. There was no one in the gym when I went there to help people.
Hotel spa: is open from 10:00 to 18:00 also. When we decided to ask there was no free time for an appointment for the next two days.
Hotel swimming pools: are open from 10:00 to 19:00. No balls or diving is allowed. There was however a lifeguard present all the time.
So many hotel services cover just one shift when for the tourists this is not the case.
During our checkout, there was no question regarding our time in the hotel, whether we had any comments, complaints,etc, there was not even a goodbye.
So, this is my last time in a hotel like this which obviously a lot reviewers find it perfect and I respect their opinion. However, our family expects a more flexible mind and attitude and a more personal and less formal customer touch, especially when you pay 270€ daily or more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anthemus Sea Beach Hotel & Spa" located on a site of 38.000 M² embosomed in a picturesque bay along the tranquil "Elia Coast" of Sithonia in Halkidiki, right next to a sandy beach, awarded with the "Blue Flag" of the European Community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Anthemus Sea Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anthemus Sea Beach Hotel Nikiti
- Anthemus Sea Beach Hotel And Spa
- Anthemus Sea Beach Nikiti
- Anthemus Sea Beach Hotel & Spa Nikiti, Halkidiki, Greece