For anyone who has been in a real 4-star hotel, they will notice the huge differences.
- The rooms seem to have been abandoned for years, nothing felt healthy and new.
- The white towels and sheets were years-old, some where white-ish, some yellow-ish, some worst, all were overused and felt bad.
- The bathroom had do many broken parts on the wall, the toilet paper was placed on the toilet because the holder was also broken...
- The beds and pillows were rock-hard, and you wouldn't meet this kind of discomfort even in any youth hostel...
- The small bedside table held a phone, so filthy that it was disgusting to touch...
- The mosquito screens on the windows were torn, giving a bad look as well as they gave way to mosquitos inside the room.
- Mold and moisture marks on the walls.
- Bad smell of mold and over-moisture in the area outside our room (room 177 I think).
- Not adequate parking space. Too many cars, too few spaces.
- Basic breakfast.
- Only a fridge in the room, no kettle, no coffee, no tea. (4-stars?)
- The room floor looked disgusting, after years and years of cleaning chemicals etc, without any restoration. You could see the marks, making it look really bad.
- Located on a steep hill right on the main road, kind of uncomfortable, if you like to take quiet walks...
I only appreciated the spirit of Maroula, the receptionist, who helped me the one time that I asked for arm water, to prepare the baby's milk.
NOT worth the 80€ / night that we were charged. Would NOT pay more than 40-50€
I will ad some photos to prove my point ofcourse...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ENJOY THE TRADITIONAL GREEK HOSPITALITY COMFORTABLE STAY in rooms with view The cosy atmosphere and friendly, the caring services from both owners, Alexandros and Konstantinos, the ideal family environment and the hospitality create a pleasant familiarity with all guests. Our 82 rooms shared between 6 two-floored buildings, together with the main house, the restaurant the little chapel of Saints Constantinos and Helen combine a small village. From the first sight, the visitor will be impressed from the architecture and the colourful sight oft he natural environment. Our village follows the traditions oft he macedonian architecture, whereas stone and wood are the main elements. It has an unlimited view tot he village of Nikiti, to the Toroneos gulf and when the weather allows it, even tot he Olympus, the mountain oft he 12 gods of ancient Greece. A stay in Geranion would be a great chance to meet Halkidiki at its finest. Its a real escape from everyday life. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Geranion Village Nikiti, Halkidiki, Greece