“Fish & Chips 2nd to none”

Grandma Pollards Chippy
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Todmorden
Cuisines: Fast Food, British, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is not an ordinary chip shop. There is a lovely resturant or an old bus to dine in. In summer eat outside or by the canal.Childrens menu and wide range of meat pies and puddings available. The vanilla slices are great as wellaethe fruit pies All home made. All avilable with tea/coffee, bread and butter. Just go in the chp shop, order and the meal is brought to you at your table. The service is excellent. It is an experience to dine in the bus usually accompanied by 60s/70s music in the backgrund. The bus can be hired for private parties. The shop is open Mon. and Tues till 3.30pm and Wed.Thurs.and Fri. till 8pm. Not open Sat and Sun. It really is an experience (very good one), and well worth a visit. The place is spotless. We have been going many years now and there .are many regulars. I would recommend the chippy for a very enjoyable experience.
Bacup, United Kingdom
“Fish & Chips 2nd to none”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Superb food and service. Dine on the static bus next to the canal. All food is home made and is amazing. The vanilla slices are huge and delicious. All age groups get total respect too. This amazing place is 2nd to none.

• Visited August 2012

Bacup, United Kingdom
“REAL FISH and CHIP'S”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have been going to Pollard's chippy for over 40 yrs and it is great ,the staff are taught to be perfect by Tony Pollard(who still cook's on the range)you can also buy home made pie's,fish cake's,and cake's/bun's.his custard vanilla'as are to die for.you will alway's get a smile and good service from this chippy.When my brother came for a visit from Australia Tony put us in his own conservatory for the meal.

Visited October 2012
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I didn't even get chance to try the fish and chips. I had been told a lot of good things about the fish and chips so on a visit through the village, I decided to pull up and pick some up. I was going to be busy all day so I would take the opportunity to try them.

It was pouring down with rain when I pulled up. Parking was tough but I managed. Running in the rain to cross the road I threw myself in through the first door I came to and joined the queue. Something was not right as the staff when I reached them, we're serving the person behind me, and again, then again! I was ignored by the staff even when I suggested it was my turn.

I gave up being invisible and walked out. On leaving, I found I had gone in through the exit door. How was I supposed to know in the pouring rain. Could the staff have served me when the last customer was served.

Grandma Pollards will not suffer by my lack of sale, but I will never humiliate myself again in a fish shop who couldn't be bothered to let me know I had gone in through the wrong door

• Visited August 2012
15 Thank Halifaxlady
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Not as good as people say it is!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Fish and chips average, you get get better in next village. Always a long que, for some reason. Expensive too. Can eat in at the pub up the road for the same price.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank sausanni
Manchester, United Kingdom
“best chips in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

you cannot get a better chip shop than this.....the food tastes like a chippy in the old days...dont know what oil they use but I have to say it is a real treat to come here

well run and very clean!

Visited September 2012