“Lovely old building. Give it a try.”
Review of White Hart

White Hart
Ranked #28 of 57 Restaurants in Todmorden
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Padiham, United Kingdom
“Lovely old building. Give it a try.”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

What can I say its a Wetherspoons so you know you are going to get good value for money. Its a lovely old building with seating on different floors and a nice outside area too. We have eaten here a number of times and like the upstairs seating area a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. We have always found the staff friendlly, polite and helpful. Food arrives quickly and is very good value for money. Yes the menu is very samey and its the same in all the Wetherspoons but you know you can get a good meal with a drink and not have to take out a mortgage. Give it a try. Wouldnt hesutate to recommend.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Genaribena

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Port in a Storm?”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Weatherspoon's say's it all a cheap and not so cheerful afternoon meal for the whole family. We visited after an afternoon in Todmorden with a family group of eight persons two of which were 9,and 10 year olds, one child of 18 months and the rest adults. We didn't expect much and thats what we got. So we have no complaints only to say that the food was average at best, service reflected underpaid staff and the ambiance was that of a "drop in centre". Still it is a Weatherspoon's afterall and devotees of these establishments are more than happy to accept the food and the overall conditions.
I don't like chain pub-restaurants but if I want a table for eight without pre-booking there is little option but to use this type of high street eatery. Todmorden is just like every other place of its type. Food just about edible, Service OK at best, Price cheap, Able to seat just about anyone,and any number at any time - That just about covers it.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank terry s
“Sunday afternoon pre cricket match tea”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visited the White Hart, in the small market town of Todmorden, at approximately 3pm on Sunday, June 29 th prior to going to watch the 2nd innings of the Todmorden v Nelson. Lancahire League Cricket Match. We received a very friendly greeting from all the staff on duty. Also our order was taken and delivered in good time.
We opted for the Sunday Club menu at £6.59 each, which included a roast dinner and a glass of beer or wine. I had the half of British Roast Chicken with roast potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, sage and onion stuffing and a selection of vegetables and gravy. The food was very good, tasty and great value for money. My only slight criticism is that the food could have been slightly warmer. My husband had the roast pork and he also enjoyed his meal and the quantities were extremely good.
We will definitely be returning to this establishment and would recommend other people to visit it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Catherine B
Halifax
“Would you want to eat this”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

On 26 June 2014 I went to this pub with a friend...

We had been before and fully enjoyed the meal which was very good value and looked and tasted great...

This time, the vegetarian option that my friend wanted was out of stock due to a party of 10 all taking the same meal... so disappointing, but not the pub's fault

We started with a started - Indian Sharer then my friend decided on the Freedom Salad £5.49 with free drink, I had chicken korma (again with free drink

When the meals were served we both asked the waitress if the Freedom Salad was supposed to look like it did... It looked as if a child had decided to make you a surprise meal of leftovers from the rabbit hutch... IE the green leaves instead of being under the couscous were just thrown on top... It looked revolting... but the staff member said this was was it was supposed to look like.. We took this on face value, until we saw the pub's own menu picture which showed that the green leaves were under the couscous.. and the pub picture looked delicious...

What spoilt this visit is that the staff member clearly did not know what the salad should look like, the kitchen staff also did not know how to prepare and present this dish... and the whole experience spoiled our visit.... Needless to say in view of the appalling service and lack of service we are not sure if we will go again to this particular Weatherspoon's

I have uploaded pictures of the curry that I had which looked good and tasted good.. I have also uploaded a picture of the Freedom salad.... which I am sure you will agree doesn't look good.. and certainly does not look like the appetisng picture that the pub displays

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Richard H
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“slipping standards”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

In the past I have written a glowing review of this establishment, but as a regular visitor I feel qualified to say that in recent times things have gone downhill. As we all know, Wetherspoons have their theme nights of steak on a Tuesday, curry on a Thursday and fish on a Friday that interests me. The promotion invites the customer to enjoy the fish meal between 12 noon and 11 pm. On 3 occasions, I have finished work at 5, got changed and taken the bus to Todmorden. Each time I have got to the white hart by 6 30pm. Each time I have tried to order the fish meal only to be told that they had run out of fish.
To me there are 2 points to be made;

1 Ppeople have jobs to do, make the effort to travel to Wetherspoons and 4 1/2 hours before the kitchen closes they have run out of the product customers have come for.
2 When the fish has gone customers have little option but to buy more expensive fare that they did not want in the first place.
The excuse from the duty manager that the did not know they were going to be so busy cuts little ice as this has happened to me 3 times and I do not go every Friday, so it may have happened more often.
Come on Wetherspoons! get your ordering levels up to meet demand. If customers can take the trouble to travel to your restaurant the least you can do is provide them with the one thing you have invited them to buy!

• Visited May 2014