“Excellent food, nicely priced, friendly bar staff and very comfortable surroundings.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of White Hart

White Hart
Ranked #27 of 57 Restaurants in Todmorden
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Todmorden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to this Wetherspoons pub as a sort of refuge form the mayhem of moving house. I hadn't had a proper meal for days and needed to sit, eat, drink a glass of wine and recharge my batteries. I ordered a club sandwich with a glass of the house white wine - the whole lot (and there was a lot) came to less than £8, which for a lady just up from the London pricing zone was a shock to the system. Most places I've been to in London you'd pay nearly that just for the wine... The sandwich was delicious and the chips were divine. It was a sizable portion too, i couldn't actually finish it. But it was also the ambience of the pub that made me feel as if I had truly escaped ,if only temporarily, the horrors of moving house; this is a warm, friendly place: busy but not noisy, the pictures on the walls celebrate Todmorden's academic heroes (2 Nobel prizewinners, no less) and proudly display evidence of Tod's humane benefactors. Good food, good people, good value, good vibes. Good karma.

• Visited August 2013

Rochdale
“Oh Dear”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having eaten at several Wetherspoon outlets we decided to go to the White Hart for lunch but this was unlike any other pub in that chain I had been to. To begin with the bar service was very poor as the person serving didn't seem to have worked behind a bar before. We ordered the food which wasn't hot when it arrived but got colder by the second under the jet powered air conditioning above. The "Aberdeen" Angus steak was dry and tasteless and the chicken on the Sunday roast seemed to have been microwaved more than once. The pub itself seemed understaffed as tables remained uncleared for quite some time.

• Visited September 2013
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“wetherspoons with a difference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have visited a few wetherspoons in North Manchester like Bury, Shaw, Rochdale etc, but this hostelry just across the border in West Yorkshire is pleasantly different. Unlike its near neighbours the White Hart is an Olde Worlde pub rather than a converted cinema or bank. With bars on 2 floors the pub is situated in the heart of Todmorden, just by the railway station and 2 minutes from the bus station which gives it easy access.
The staff are very friendly with the manager making himself known to customers by rolling his sleeves up and mucking in. We visited at a weekend and the place was busy, but the bar staff clocked who was waiting to be served and in which order; a pleasant change from pubs where people who shout the loudest get to the front of the queue. Being so busy we expected a long wait for our food, but we were wrong. Our starter of Nacho sharer arrived within 10 minutes and quite refreshingly we were invited to inform them when we were ready for our mains.
Can't say the menu was any different to any other wetherspoons but the food was hot, adequate portions and as always fabulous value for money. Draught beers from local micro breweries were less than £2 a pint and a bottle of Hardy's wine for £6.
There is a good, friendly atmosphere in the White Hart. I knew there was some history in Todmorden bit I did not realise how many famous people were born in the town from weather men , rock stars and scientists. To mark this, the pub walls are festooned with picture frames of the town's history and personalities explaining their achievements. This helps to make the visit both enriching as well as satisfying.
A visit to the White Hart is highly recommended!!

• Visited September 2013
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent, reliable base for food, conversation and a drink.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Living nearby, my partner and I go to the White Hart quite frequently, especially if we've been working late. It's always comfortable and most importantly, very good value. It's a Wetherspoon's but it's a cut above a lot I've been to. The food is actually very good, especially if you go on a theme night. Nice coffee too. It's a relaxing place to sit and talk in very nice surroundings, and the staff have always been helpful and polite. Can't fault the place really!!

• Visited July 2013
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Bit disappointing after reading reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had lunch there today-my steak was quite small - tasted O.K but was very hard on the outside as though it had been under a very hot warmer for a long time.My wife's curry could have been hotter(only lukewarm).My wife's naan bread was also very overcooked-hard.

• Visited July 2013