All reviews train station hebden bridge sunday carvery following morning full english breakfast stayed for one night an evening meal a lovely stay yogurt good nights sleep pub tariff bath
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Visiting the area, my long suffering and I found this place via Booking.com

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and swiftly checked into a room despite my having made a mistake when booking.

Room was surprisingly large with a fine size bathroom.....and a bath that filled in a few moments.

Bar area was well tended, staff were chatty if you wanted to engage and the prices were reasonable.

Were I to make one negative comment it would be opt for tea at breakfast....the coffee was rotten! That won’t stop us using it as a base again when we next visit.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2018

This was our second visit to this establishment. The first was for a wedding and this time a funeral. We choose this place as it was located right next to the church we were attending. The last time was over 7 years ago. This time a few days ago. Both times we have found the place friendly and comfortable and clean. Nothing flash but ok. The only complaints we had. Were a noisy fan extractor in my brother-in-laws room 2. Then we did have a long wait for food. Which apart from burnt Yorkshire puds. Was very tasty. The breakfast now is continental. But there was plenty to eat.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John R
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

We checked in at 7 o’clock at night, got the key and went out again. We arrived back at 1 in the morning after a wedding, we noticed there was sick in the bin (disgusting) and all the wires were hanging out the tv. It was like someone had already used the room before we checked in. When telling the staff they informed me they would speak to their manager, the manager rang me. He was rude and basically called me a liar. I don’t know how he is running this place because he is obviously not a people person. He said that people check the room all the time and it definitely wasn’t there. He had said that I changed my story 3 times however the girl just took words out of my mouth, I explained the story very clearly around 7 times and they just werent listening clearly. The room was £80, but I wouldn’t even pay £10, seriously bad. The room was that small you couldn’t even swing a cat in it. Very rude manager, if he was nice and offered a solution then I would have been much happier.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Amelia R
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I had to be in Tod for family time. My experience was very good. The rooms were spotless and I enjoyed a good nights sleep

The food very good, as well as all the service.

I visit frequently and while off the beaten path a bit; and staying at other accommodations; the Queen ranks as one of the best in Todmorden.

I had a few special requests; the staff was more than accommodating.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2018

Me and my family visited the Queen Hotel to attend their questionable 'Quiz night' that i believe is on every Thursday. On arrival we went to the bar to order some drinks and food (baring in mind this was a hard task as there was only one menu available to use on the bar). After deciding what we wanted, we were both surprised and disappointed that they didn't only not have our first dish of choice, but our second or third either. All hungry and annoyed, we had to choose some food off the menu we didn't really want. When asking why there was so much food on the menu that wasn't available, the sour faced bar maid told us their only chef was no where to be seen so she was making the meals herself, she then went on to tell us that every-time a new customer comes in she's 'gritting my teeth' great customer service eh! After ordering our food (and waiting over an hour for it to come) you can probably guess...we were disappointed. On of the members in our group ordered some nacho's that stated they came with sour cream, guacamole and salsa, however when they turned up they were actually chili nachos? We politely mentioned this error at the bar but the only response we got was the cocky bar maid arguing over the fact that that's what the menu says and that they ran out of guacamole (again something they failed to mention). The food was below average and i haven't even got started on the quiz yet...if you fancy waiting 20+ minutes between each round, the quiz master mispronouncing words and reading out questions incorrectly then you're onto a winner! Safe to say we left before the quiz finished and we will NOT be returning. Another thing we soon found out after our visit is the fact they also have a 0 star food hygiene rating - fabulous!

Room Tip: Not sure what the hotels like as we didn't stay...but after our experience i doubt that will ever be happening.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family