The setting of this hotel is unsurpassed; it is just like living in a tropical botanic garden and with high, jagged mountain peaks immediately behind you. The folk who run this hotel and all their many staff and gardeners were all friendly, helpful and polite; they took a real interest in our stay and although we struggled on with our O-level French whenever we had to resort to English it was never a problem for they would reply in kind. The food in the restauarant was quite superb (we ate there two days of our three day stay) and so the only remaining point is why we give Dimitile four stars instead of five. It's the rooms; while perfectly adequate they are a touch old-fashioned and in need of some TLC. "Air-conditioning" for instance isn't really that, but ceiling-mounted fans. Yes, we would certainly look forward to going back there but would advise others that the rooms themselves may disappoint. But nothing else will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Entre-Deux, one of the most picturesque villages of Reunion Island located in the middle of the Indian Ocean, ideal for a holiday, a long weekend or more in a charming 18 room hotel. Between mountains and the blue ocean, you will discover a 19th century old Creole house transformed into a hotel ‘Le Dimitile’. You will be able to listen to the whisper of the surrounding mountains the hotel is named after and you will have the feeling that dreams can come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dimitile Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dimitile Exclusive Hotel Island
- Dimitile Exclusive Resort Island
- Dimitile Hotel Reunion Island/Entre-Deux