“Lovely combination of Good Food and Art”
Review of Julians

Julians
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Bredasdorp
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had dinner there for the first time this evening and was very pleasantly surpised. The restaurant is situated behind the art galery where Julian's original pottery works and other decor is displayed and sold. My first chocie [fresh linefish] was not available but my second chocie - a roasted butternut and mushroom salad - made me glad they were out of fish. It was delicious and beautifully presented together with an assortment of oven-roasted veg including beetroot and sweet potatoes. The wine was lovely and very affordable. The complimentary canape was also most welcome. On my way out I also purchased some handmade pottery for my collection. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

A perfect place to have a meal. Just had my birthday dinner at this restaurant and was brilliant from starter to dessert. We were served a starter of carpaccio and parmesan on puffed pastry which come on the house and is a different surprise with each visit. The owner suggested a lovely red wine at a very reasonable price. Mains were the best lamb shank I have ever had in a restaurant and a chicken liver salad with beetroot and feta....winner!!Great restaurant, good service and perfect location.Thanks so much for making my birthday special. I can recommend this restaurant for any occasion.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Julians 22 All Saints Street, Bredasdorp, South Africa: A friend and I found ourselves in a tiny town, Bredasdorp, in the Western Cape, South Africa, attending Cape Floral Kingdom Expo. Looking for a place to eat out, and not really expecting much, we were pointed towards Julian's Restaurant for a good meal. Wow! Really attractive and arty as one walks in the door. Overall, the waitress was very efficient and friendly and delivery of wine and food never took too long. A wonderful fire kept us warm, and the ambiance was outstanding - art for sale, and one in particular really tempted me, everything creatively displayed, with richly coloured walls. A lovely little outside courtyard with a simple yet attractive design, for viewing, not for seating, separated the smoking and non-smoking rooms, but each could be viewed through large windows. And the meal? A single bite of something special was brought to the table along with the wine, different on each night. This most delicious mouthful starts the evenings taste adventure! The main meals were superb - and special mention must be made of the Moroccan Vegetable Strudel I had on the last night - what a taste sensation! LIndsay's rump steak she says, was like silk! The bill arrived with the most delicious little chocolate ball to sweeten it, but prices are in fact very reasonable, and we kept going back - the taste, artistic arrangement of food on the plate, great menu, good wine and good prices, easily puts Julian's at the top of my list of best restaurants I've ever eaten at! Julian himself wanders around and engages the patrons, and this personal interest is really well received by all. If you're interested, there is also a fantastic art and crafts shop to wander around attached to Julian's. Really great buys for the overseas tourist.
A restaurant not to miss if you ever find yourself in the stunning Overberg mountain area of the Western Cape - fynbos country!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great food, wine and more!! We were introduced by friends to Julien's. The owner and his wife made us feel very welcome and quickly gave us excellent service. The canapé was a real little treat. The food was delicious from the start to the end. Strongly recommend!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were advised by our B and B owner to dine at Julians - what fantastic advice!! The food was delicious, the wine lovely (and cold), the service was tops, and the location peaceful!! Definitely worth another visit!!!