“Pudding Club at the Three Ways House Hotel”

Three Ways House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mickleton
Reviewed February 9, 2013

What a fantastic evening! I gave my husband a Pudding Club gift voucher for Christmas, which included a stay in the Chocolate Room. The puds were mouth-watering & ranged from sticky toffee pudding to fruit crumble. If you have a sweet tooth and fancy a really fun evening, I would highly recommend this unique gift experience. We went as a couple but it's ideal for groups of friends of family get-togethers. The charming, comfortable hotel is a perfect base to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank janeg g

Reviewed January 29, 2013

There is no doubt about it, this is a beautiful country hotel with roaring fires a lovely sitting room and a beautiful bedroom.
My only criticism was that bar food is not served until 7pm (the same as the dining room) and I needed a quick snack at 6pm so I could get on with some work.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SimonCoombe, Owner at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thanks for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, and appreciated the log fires. Please accept my apologies that you were not able to get bar food prior to 7pm. We would normally be flexible on this for hotel residents. I will check this out and make sure that our bar service staff are aware of this, we have kitchen staff on duty from 6pm. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm so pleased I decided to spend a week's winter holiday at the Three Ways House Hotel . But then to sit reading by a log fire, eat delicious food served by efficient and caring staff in lovely surroundings, and sleep in a comfortable room are my idea of heaven! Service here really is personal but not intrusive, and nothing is too much trouble. Indeed, they even offered to clear my car of snow and run the engine for me! The owners are very 'hands on', and should be complemented on ensuring the hotel runs so efficiently and yet maintains a relaxed and happy atmosphere. The hotel is famous for its' puddings of course, but the restaurant and bar/brasserie also offer a wide choice of dishes and a daily special menu, and every dish was beautifully prepared and served. My room was comfortable and warm inspite of the freezing temperatures outside, and the bathroom had a bath and power shower. There are plenty of pretty villages within a few miles to potter around, and lovely walks from the hotel. OK - the snow was a bonus and made the Cotswolds more beautiful than ever, but this week would have been very special whatever the weather. I've always been a great traveller abroad, but am fast becoming converted to the sheer quality offered within our own country which can be accessed without wasting time and stress in travel. This holiday was completely stress-free and sheer indulgence!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
SimonCoombe, Owner at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for lovely comments. I am really pleased that you enjoyed the snowy Cotswolds, and we were able to provide a warm and comfortable refuge. I hope that you can make a return visit when the sun is shining and it is warmer.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We managed to get to Mickleton through 8 inches of snow, and were delighted by the huge roaring fires in reception and the warm welcome from the staff.

I went with colleagues for a business meeting and it was a fantastic choice of venue. The meeting room was large and comfortable and the guest lounge, with it's board games and comfortable fire side chairs, was a great place to relax in the evening.

The rooms were beautifully decorated - I actually preferred the standard rooms to the 'themed' pudding rooms after taking a nosey peek into my colleagues' chambers. The beds were large and comfortable and I had a free standing jacuzzi bath - bliss! If I had to find one fault it would be the heater in my room - I turned it on before dinner but it blew out a gentle stream of luke warm air which couldn't really cope with the freezing temperatures outside.

Dinner in the restaurant was wonderful and the service was attentive but not instrusive - they even put on Christmas crackers and party poppers in January as they knew that our gathering was in part a late festive work do. Coffee and homemade fudge was set out by the fire afterwards.

I'm now trying to think of an excuse to go back very soon!

Room Tip: I had room 49 which was large, very well decorated and had a free standing jacuzzi bath.
1  Thank Kate028

I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel after your recent visit for a business meeting. It is great to hear that you had a good stay and enjoyed the food and service. My apologies for the lack of heat in room 49, it is a large room and I think that the air conditioning unit struggled with the sub zero temperatures.If you are with us again and find the room to cool, just ask and we can provide an extra heater. I look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Attending for a 2-day business meeting, I was pleased with our organiser's choice of venue that provided a great alternative to the usual corporate formula. The range and quality of food is excellent, if a little challenging to do justice to, but it's worth the effort to 'fast' before and after rather than have any illusion of being able to exercise restraint whilst there! Perhaps even more satisfying though was the excellent comfortable bed I enjoyed overnight...good food and a great night's sleep is my idea of what a work night away from home should be!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your nice review. I will pass on your appreciative comments to the team, particularly the kitchen for the excellent food. Please encourage your company to bring you back again!
Kind regards

Reviewed January 25, 2013

You will hear all about this as being the home of the Pudding Club - and of course you MUST try their puddings - but this is the consummate experience of British hospitality....drinks in the resident's lounge before dinner; games afterwards; personal attention from the proprietor; tours recommended based on perception of the guest (and spot on); and totally charming in every way. Do pop in to Chipping Camden to visit the Robert Welsh homewares design store - fabulous.
And a charming patio as a bonus.

Room Tip: ask for a patio room on the main floor and don't be fooled by the description of the inn as bei...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. We try to provide a personal and caring service with a little individuality, I am pleased that you enjoyed it. Please keep spreading the word about the Pudding Club it really is a Great British institution. When you are next back in the UK please come and see us again, the Cotswolds are just as nice in the summer.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having placed two conference at this hotel in the last 12 months - would recommend it to anyone. Food and service amazing - only complaint I had was there was too much food and they couldn't do it justice! Considering the second conference was a large group with lots of dietary requirements that says it all. Team were friendly and attentive and made it easy for us to have a great event.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

It is great to know that your conferences have been so successful. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I will ensure that your thanks are passed on to the staff, we do have a great team working with us. I hope that you will be back soon.
Many thanks
Simon Coombe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mickleton
Noel Arms Hotel
#4 of 6 in Broadway
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Three Ways House Hotel? Share your experiences!