“Perfecy spot for peace and tranquility, not to mention rooms and food that are outstanding”

Fattoria Casabianca
Ranked #1 of 3 Murlo B&B and Inns
Placerville, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had no problem finding the Fattoria, even with a GPS that likes to take you on scenic routes only!! Initially we were concerned about the food, but we booked with half-board and ended up eating all three meals here each day. The restored farmhouse rooms are great, the people are friendly, and as I stated, the food and wine were outstanding. This was our first trip to Murlo, but it will now be a must stop on any trip to Italy. Even with rain on a daily basis, the peace and beauty of this accommodation were most welcome. On top of that, I had messed up on our scheduling for the five weeks in Italy, and we arrived two days late, but there was no problem we got the same rooms we had reserved, no no additional charges for my stupidity!! Looking forward to returning when there is sunshine and a pool to use!!

Room Tip: The one bedroom rooms close to reception are perfect for getting to every spot at the Fattoria
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome
Reviewed July 20, 2009

This was to be a surprise birthday getaway for my fiance, but it was one of the most stressful weekends of my life. The long ride from the town of Casciano is interrupted by a dirt & gravel road. My new car is a mess. We arrived at the reception only to be told that our room was an additional 2.5 kilometers from there! The drive to it was full of holes, puddles, and rocks. My car's suspension was compromised. The room had no phone, so I had to use my cell phone to ask for extra pillows and to say that the TV remote didn't work. (.85)! Then I used the bathroom, which smelled like the bottom of a stagnant water well after they had thrown out the dead fish. I simply could not believe the smell! I used my cell phone again to say this room was unacceptable- another 1.05 euro - and was told that the cleaning lady would be right over. I insisted that the smell was not of dirt but of sewage. Try explaining that in English! Finally, they offered us 1 of 2 apartments, not rooms. They were charmless and plain, but we took one. It had no phone, no TV, and non-potable water, which I only found out at 3am when I tried to take a drink! What a nightmare!! But wait--2 hours after we were all settled in, and on our way to the swimming pool, they stopped our car to tell us we owed an additional €38 because it was an apartment, not a room! I simply cannot repeat here what I told them! Later, I told them that I travel alot and always put my reviews on Tripadvisor, to which they said, "Okay, it's the original price!" Unbelievable. To their credit, there is a lovely swimming pool, and they did a wonderful Barbecue dinner. And other than the stench, the scarcity of comforts, and the obvious wear and tear, the barren rooms were very clean (except for a roach in the folded tablecloth). The man at the pool bar was very kind and efficient, as was the waitstaff at the barbecue. By the way, at 9pm, there were no more desserts left at the barbecue. All the desserts had been eaten, and there were no back-ups. I asked if we still had to pay the full price for the meal, even without the included dessert, and was told yes, of course. Of course. Never again. If a hotel on Tripadvisor doesn't have at least 10 reviews, I will never put any value in these scarce opinions.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
13 Thank GueneviereRome
Minnesota
Reviewed August 23, 2007

My husband and I went to Italy for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. Our favorite stay in Italy was at Fattoria Casabianca. It is a collection of 13 century stone farmhouses restored into apartments and hotel rooms. Our room was beautiful and the restaurant was so good. They have many fun activities and we so enjoyed the winemaking tour. The staff there also made it a great place--so friendly and helpful!!!

• Liked — restored 13 century farmhouses, friendly and helpful people, wine and food
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank windylee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murlo
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
#1 of 17 in Montalcino
Albergo di Murlo
Albergo di Murlo
#1 of 1 in Murlo
SI Montalcino Hotel & Restaurant
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery
Castello di Velona Resort, Therm...
#1 of 1 in Castelnuovo dell'Abate
Hotel Panoramic
Hotel Panoramic
#7 of 28 in Montepulciano
Casa Di Campagna in Toscana

Been to Fattoria Casabianca? Share your experiences!