In all, the hotel is quite good, quite comfortable - but very impersonal. An old building (XVII-XVIII century) was transformed from the inside in a modern style and completely devoid of character and soul. I saw a lot of modern hotels in historic buildings, though preserved the style and character, or acquired new and unique. But not this one. The interior is too modern, minimalistic and cold for a cozy Tuscan village, this interior would approach more to a big city business hotel. Palazzo is a member of “Dimore d'Epoca” group, but has nothing antique in style and atmosphere or giving the chance to feel a sence of time when its walls were constructed .
We arrived at 5 pm, a spa pool (because of which we've chosen this hotel) worked up to six, we wanted to relax in it after a day's sightseeing, but could not - the lock in our room was broken and we lost time while waiting for its repair. Why not to make spa zone and pool available around the clock, or at least until 9 pm? The hotel restaurant was not working for dinner. At the reception we were advised restaurant nearby, but were not offered to book, and when we came there, the restaurant was completely full. Wandered in search of another restaurant, found nothing, so were to return to the hotel, and only than the reception employee booked us a table at the other restaurant, we did not reach 500 meters to it while searching. Interesting that nobody of locals pointed this restaurant, everybody sent us to first, crowded. But it was good enough. In short, it was a great exercise walking up and down a steep hill before a very late dinner :). Generally the hotel is located near the center of a small town, where almost nothing to do, a life in which freezes very early in the evening, and the main evening entertainment will be walking through the deserted streets.
The room was quite big and comfortable, good cosmetics. View does not represent anything outstanding - road and tiled roofs, it makes no sense to overpay for it, although it is a matter of taste. I liked our friend’s standard room with no view more than our superior room with view. Although cheaper, it was more cozy, had a jacuzzi tub and 2 sinks with very comfortable bathroom furniture. Our superior room was equipped with a shower and one standard sink – not very comfortable for a couple. Breakfast was okay, but again too soulless and uninteresting, in a crowded room and with synthetic disposable wipes on tables. The feeling that the hotel is economizing. Wi-fi was in the rooms and worked well, free parking was in a two steps from the hotel , it is also a great plus. And the main advantage is the price, but the quality is not 4 stars, for this price the comfort is quite good but quality of service must be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo San Lorenzo is located in Colle Val D'Elsa between Siena & Florence - San Gimignano & Chianti. Is a perfect mix between ancient charme and modern comfort. 48 Rooms furnished in a warm contemporary style with wood floors, comfortable beds and marble bathrooms. Palazzo San Lorenzo offers a restaurant in the ancient chapel of the building, a wellness centre with heated jacuzzi pool. For business offers also 2 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palazzo San Lorenzo Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Lorenzo Hotel Colle Di Val d`Elsa
- Palazzo San Lorenzo Hotel & Spa Italy/Colle Di Val D'Elsa, Province Of Siena