“Great experience”

Hotel Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bagno Vignoni
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had been in Tuscany many times, mostly touring around but this time I was looking for a place to relax with my family. The spot of the hotel is impeccable: a 180 degree view of green hills, farms, olive trees, vineyard and a medieval tower. Beautiful. The hotel lays on extensive grounds and has a very well kept garden. The spring water pools are very nice, some warmer and some cooler to allow proper swimming. During our stay it was a bit chilly to use those "cooler" pools, but the hotter pool did not feel crowded at all despite the hotel being fully booked. Remarkable staff: all were very polite and very well trained and helpful. The included food (breakfast and dinner) was of very good quality (I try to avoid all inclusive hotels drearing the food, but here I was happily surprised) and the extras (wine, cocktails, etc) not expensive. The children club was great, and our son loved it. We did a bit mountain biking (they lend you good quality electric bikes) and it was great too. Coming back next year.

1  Thank Matias_T1

Reviewed April 17, 2014

All the wonderful things written in other reviews are true - this hotel is an extraordinary place looking after the whole family - we didn't want to leave. The staff are delightful, the food excellent, the kids club really did entertain the children but, most importantly, the spa's superb and the thermal waters truly rejuvenating. Stunning setting with Beautiful walks and bike rides from the hotel were worth getting out of the pools for. Excellent access for disabled guests.

1  Thank h0lidaym0m
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Fabulous hotel- stayed at many of the world's 5 star hotels and on service and friendly, lovely people, Adler is THE best. It is a perfect choice for a family break (super kids club, lovely food and very welcoming to children) The 2 bedroom family suites are perfect, the surrounding countryside is beautiful, it is a perfect combination for a relaxing family holiday- we are just about to book our 6th visit.

3  Thank DPZ01
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The heart of this wonderful resort is a beautiful pool, filled with warm thermal waters, famed since ancient times for healing, soothing properties. There are also lavish saunas, excellent health and beauty treatments using natural products like grapes and olive oil, a lovely dining room serving fresh, local produce, and everywhere views of the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
Special thanks to Minnie in the Spa and Manfredo in the dining room, and to Christina for leading wonderful excursions to Siena and Montalcino -- you made my stay memorable!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Mmedesevigny
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Having stayed in many five-star properties around the world, this is one of my favorites for a family or couples retreat: beautiful setting in southern Tuscany, fantastic food, excellent staff throughout, lovely spa/pool/sauna, well designed hotel, very difficult to find any fault at all. We will definitely return and are also planning a trip to the sister hotel in the Dolomites. Highly recommended, not cheap but outstanding value nonetheless.

Room Tip: We had an end unit on the top floor, and had no noise issues whatsoever (as opposed to comments in s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank LuxPlorer
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My parents had been here before and decided to invite me, the hubby and our LO (1yr3months) along for a long weekend. LOVED IT! We adore Tuscany as it is, and this gem just added to that. I am usually not one for having all my meals in one place, but the food was amazing. Staff was very accomodating to our daughter - lots of choices for dinner, table always set for her when we arrived. The first day we asked for peas and broccoli for her (her favorites) - the following days, they made sure it was there!

Pool area was relaxing and very enjoyable. My runner-husband enjoyed the "treadmills-with-a-view" and the running paths around.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tine M
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I love the place! I love the people! I love Toscany! WE travel a lot and usually we like to try new places. This is an exception, for sure!. I also dnt like half board, being attached to have dinner in the same place. Not in this case. I love it there. We love it there!!! To dress up for dinner! Very nice! Elegant! Beautiful dinner!!! great food! Better people who work there! My husband and I we have been coming for 10 years now, since the opening. My husband found by Internet. 1st time we came just us. Then, with 2 kids....then pregnant with another, now we come with 3 kids (16, 4 and 1). Excellent for couples, perfect with families. I would like to thank Manfredo, Giamarco(who was our 1st waiter 10 years ago), Frederica, Rezi, Daniele (I love him!!! Soooo nice and friendly and helps with wine selection),Mirco, Angelica, Cosimo (new this year but so sweet and nice), Alberto. I am trying to thank everybody really!!!! Finally Anton, of course!!! Sometimes we make reservation at the last moment and Anton is very helpful. We also change sometimes (mom or no mom, 1 or 2 rooms, etc). Invite friends for New Year's dinner. Anton is always there to help. Even when we are leaving with 6 people, 2 little desperate kids and 7 bags, he is there. Thank you! We love it and we will be back again and again. I dnt need to write this for them because the hotel is full almost always but I just would like to be grateful! I dnt need to recommend it because it is the best!!!

Room Tip: We love ground level on the right
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Albergo Le Terme
Albergo Le Terme
#3 of 3 in Bagno Vignoni
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery
Castello di Velona Resort, Therm...
#1 of 1 in Castelnuovo dell'Abate
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclu...
#1 of 4 in San Quirico d'Orcia
Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel Residence SPA & Beauty Farm
Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel...
#3 of 4 in San Quirico d'Orcia
Hotel Palazzuolo
Hotel Palazzuolo
#2 of 4 in San Quirico d'Orcia

Been to Hotel Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort? Share your experiences!