1,292 results
All reviews lovely garden san quirico beautiful hotel the main hotel del capitano loved this hotel spent nights four poster bed no elevator spa package breakfast room southern tuscany old city charming town an upgrade cakes wine tasting
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

The staff and the accommodations at this hotel far exceeded my expectations! My wife and I randomly arrived without a reservation on a Wednesday at 19:00 at the hotel that we found on google just 30mins prior. The reception was able to have us in a room in a matter of minutes and also arranged a wine tour with driver in about an hour. This hotel is family run and all the staff go above and beyond to accommodate their guest. This was key to making our stay in val d’orcia wonderful. Our driver for the tour was very knowledgeable and fun. He even took us to an iconic Tuscan landscape scene for my wife and I to get pictures. Can’t say enough about how great this hotel is! The breakfast to is perfect and their restaurant is Michelin rated.

Thank to the Staff for a wonderful experience!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
ResponsabileCapitano, Proprietario at Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Dear Marc M,

Thank your taking the lovely time to leave us a great review! about your stay at Relais Palazzo del Capitano!

We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and you wonderful experience in Val d'Orcia, taking one of our TOUR that we daily organiz for our Guests.

We all believe that true luxury is genuine, authentic and warm with the right dose of dedication and professionalism

We hope to see you in one of our Hotels

Greetings from Val d'Orcia!

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We stayed at this hotel for one night at the end of May. I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews,and we weren’t disappointed. The room was great,the location was ideal and the staff was fantastic. We were treated like family,My wife and I chose the couples massage and spa package,unfortunately I was so tired and jet lagged I fell asleep in the hot tub/spa and during most of my massage.It had to be relaxing ! We decided to dine at the hotel restaurant as well,and we were glad we did. The food was outstanding,a great wine list with prices lower than retail in the USA. The servers were very attentive and polite.The courtyard is lovely with candle lit lanterns. Upon checkout, we discovered the gentleman who made sure everything was okay during our stay was the owner, Roberto. I love the town and it’s people,and would return here on my next trip to Tuscany

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
ResponsabileCapitano, Proprietario at Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear VinoVito,

thank you for sharing your opinion on our page of Tripadvisor.

We are so glad that you were satisfied about our services we will share your feedback with the team and hoping to improve more so as to meet the stay experience in one of our luxury hotel.

We look forward to seeing from you soon!

Greetings from Val d'Orcia!

Genovese Family and the entire Team!

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here hoping to have a romantic getaway. The beds were so uncomfortable we could barely sleep. The rooms decor was outdated, the breakfast was cheap nothing like what we’ve normally had in Tuscany.
The WiFi was non existent, we complained about this when we arrived, as we’d been traveling for a few weeks and both had to send some work emails.
Management ended up moving us to the most expensive room (clearly charged us a much higher rate) We stated at the time we only needed the internet for the 1 night and they refused to move us back to a more affordable room.
They over charged us on top of the more expensive room, we disputed it with them however they refused to fix it.
We couldn’t wait to leave! Don’t stay here! There are much more beautiful places in glorious Tuscany.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erin M
ResponsabileCapitano, Proprietario at Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Dear Guest,

after one year you published a review on our page, january 2017 and after an extensive research and your name does not appear on the official list in january.

We have already informed "dispute tripadisor" (as a false review or wrong page) and sent you an e-mail asking for a invoice about your stay in Palazzo del Capitano.

Seriously, it's not fair e is not correct

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Confortable stylish bedrooms associated to professional service that make you feel to be in the right place to discover outstanding beauty of Tuscany.
Palazzo del Capitano and its restaurant "il vecchio forno" have been fulfilling our expectations.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
ResponsabileCapitano, Proprietario at Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2018

Dear Marcostef m,

thank you for your review on our page: we've appreciated it a lot!

Our staff is very thankful for your nice words. We always pay attention to all the small details that make great a stay in our Hotels and in our Restaurant "Al Vecchio Forno" as well.

We all hope to see you again once again for a new experience, maybe at the "Villa del Capitano Art & Relais", our modern and stylish Hotel just outside San Quirico d'Orcia.

A greeting from Val d'Orcia!

Genovese Family and the entire staff.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We just returned from a 3 day stay at the Capitano. Staff was wonderful and helpful with whatever we asked. When we bought a bottle of wine and some cheese and wanted to sit in the garden to enjoy it, they could not be more helpful. Breakfast was great. Plenty of choices and a new item every day. Overall I loved this hotel. There is one thing guests should be aware of when selecting a room. We had a Suite (I think it was a Romantic Suite)- it was great, plenty of room and the bed was comfortable. But the shower/bathtub was very difficult to maneuver. It was located on a slightly raised "platform" and while that isn't the challenging part, the tub wall was very high so it was very awkward getting in and out when showering. We are in pretty good shape so we did OK, but I would think that someone a bit older who find it challenging. I would return but choose another room. We booked directly from their website and we got a few additional perks.

Room Tip: Suite/Romantic Suite - (I think it's called Virgin Suite) Lovely with lots of room but the shower is challenging to get in and out of.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
ResponsabileCapitano, Proprietario at Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear Mrs Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback from your recent experience with us at Capitano Hotel Collection.

We really wish to make every guest's stay a unique one and we are proud to have succeeded with you.

We hope to see you again very soon.
A warm greeting from Val d'Orcia