$112
Official Site
Sarna Residence(San Quirico d'Orcia)
Agoda.com
Hotel Il Garibaldi(San Quirico d'Orcia)
Antica Sosta(San Quirico d'Orcia)
TripAdvisor
Agriturismo Il Rigo(San Quirico d'Orcia)
TripAdvisor
Agriturismo La Buca(San Quirico d'Orcia)
Antico Podere La Martinella(San Quirico d'Orcia)
TripAdvisor
Palazzo Conti A(San Quirico d'Orcia)
Priceline
  • Free Internet
Il Giardino Segreto(San Quirico d'Orcia)
  • Free Internet
1,263 results
All reviewslovely gardensan quiricobeautiful hotelthe main hoteldel capitanoloved this hotelbreakfast roomspent nightsfour poster bedno elevatorspa packagean upgradesouthern tuscanyold citycharming towncakeswine tasting
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Lovely hotel, calm, clean, welcoming and well run.
Room was well decorated and extremely comfortable but without being over elaborate.
Breakfast was a wide variety of delicious local produce.
We had 3 nights in this delightful hotel as part of a tour of France and Italy; wish we had been able to stay longer.
Shall return, especially for the restaurant attached which was exceptional in food, wine , service and atmostphere.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed August 20, 2014

A 4* in the centre of this lovely medieval town! Warmly greeted at arrival, we were helped with the luggage and parking outside the town walls. The room was separate from the main building but was nice and with all facilities as described during booking. Very relaxing and romantic gardens where you can sip the afternoon tea with cakes offered by the hotel. Breakfast was superb, with anything from cereal and fruit to pastries, frittata etc. Found a good price on booking.com which made it really a bargain!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RandJ1212
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was quaint & charming, clean & inviting. I would definitely choose to stay here again. The staff was friendly & helpful. No lift, but the staff willingly help with luggage. The garden is lovely & comfortable. Breakfast was delightful & afternoon tea welcome. The spa services were minimal, but professional & relaxing. Highly recommend !

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights on July 5th and 6th. When I originally booked the hotel, I was looking for a place that would not be commercialized by being in or near a tourist city so I stayed out of Siena in hopes of finding something more authentic. This hotel fit perfectly! It is located about 30 miles outside of Siena in a very quaint, small town. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and relaxing and after driving through Italy for two weeks, it was nice to be somewhere to decompress and enjoy Italian life. Our room was very clean and the only complaint my husband had was he couldn't get the air conditioner to make the room cold enough but it was in never uncomfortable in our room. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and given that the town is so small, parking is easy outside the city walls.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bburger92780
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I traveled around Tuscany from June 20 – 28, 2014. Palazzo del Capitano was our second stop.

Stay: Nights of June 23, 24, and 25, 2014
My husband and I really enjoyed this hotel.

Staff: Professional, helpful, friendly, and there was always someone at the front desk who could speak English.

Room: We stayed in the Capricorno room, which was palatial by European standards. I really loved this room. It was approximately 30 feet long by 19 feet wide and the decoration was beyond elegant. The room was very quiet, which is always important to me, because I have super hearing like a bat. Also, they had shutters you could close to block out the light if you wanted to sleep late.

Bathroom: Powerful hair dryer, toilet, bidet, no tub, but the shower is large enough for a big, tall, husky guy. The water pressure was great--the ancient Roman aqueduct builders would have been proud.

Grounds: A stunning garden with plenty of chairs and tables for sitting and lounging around! This garden was arranged in such a way as to provide little nooks of privacy. I wish I had a garden like this at home.

Breakfast: They had a nice spread; a good selection of pastries, cereals, egg dishes, cheeses, etc.; good cappuccino. The breakfast room was quaintly decorated and provided a pleasant eating experience.

Dinner: Somehow, instead of just booking the room, I booked a package deal online. Not exactly sure how I did it, but everything turned out well. Dinner actually came with the package. We ate in the same restaurant every night: Trattoria al Vecchio Forno. The restaurant was stunning. The area where we ate was open to the sky and decorated with lots of beautiful plants. The service was very good, and the food was good. They had a menu with several courses that went along with the hotel package, but you could veer from it and just pay the difference if needed, so don’t be afraid to ask for more choices. I don’t recommend the pan-seared duck, but the pasta with duck sauce was good.

Spa: That was actually part of my package too: two facials and two body rubs. It was relaxing.

Location: Right in the heart of San Quirico d’Orcia. We were able to walk all over town from the hotel. Also, from here we took day trips to Montalcino and Siena.

TIP: If you do take a side trip to Siena, go very early. We got there around 10:00AM and literally drove around for one hour looking for parking. We finally parked in the suburbs and caught a local bus. Thank heaven my husband was born with a GPS chip in his head, because without him I would never have made it back to where we parked the rental car. Siena was crazy crowded!

Room Tip: The Capricorno room is an excellent choice. It is beautiful and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple