We had the opportunity to visit San Quirico again and stayed a second time at Palazzo del Capitano. This s a great hotel in a sleepy hill town and we love it. The rooms, gardens, hotel restaurant, staff and atmosphere are the best, in our opinion. My wife and I stayed in their large Tuscany style suite the first time and it was fabulous. My daughter and I each had a single room this visit and the rooms are obviously smaller but very comfortable with AC. The hotels restaurant , a short walk from the hotel, is the best on our trip and we would have eaten there a second time but they are closed on Wednesdays. The village is quite but charming and easily taken in on a cool morning stroll. I especially like the town's winery at the bottom of the main street where you can buy a bottle of good wine for 5-10 Euros. Being there on Market day is fun. No crowds in this place and a relaxing hotel to enjoy. Short day trips to Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano, and especially Monticchiello (a hidden gem) are great. The hotel's gardens behind the building are a place to sit back and enjoy the flowers, hot tub, birds, vine shaded seating areas. It doesn't get much better than this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CAPITANO LUXURY HOTEL COLLECTION A brand that for over than 20 years has expressed romanticism, wellness and a great passion for hospitality in Tuscany, gives you a warm welcome in the ancient village of San Quirico d'Orcia in the heart of the Val d'Orcia, declared in the year 2004 World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Breathtaking landscapes, historical towns and the worldwide most famous vineyards world and ... our Hotel Collection: Palazzo del Capitano Wellness&Relais,Historical Mansion of the XIV century Charming Mansion with furnishing that are inspired by the Tuscan tradition, where the modern comfort is perfectly integrated with the charm of the old one. Villa del Capitano Art&Relais, Neoclassical Villa Elegant Mansion located on the main street of San Quirico d'Orcia close to the Ancient Medieval Walls. The bright Suites will surprise you with lovely views of the Val d'Orcia and with its Made in Italy design masterpieces Capitano's Dwellings - Widespread Hotel The pretty double rooms with private bathroom in typical Tuscan style are dislocated in different buildings in the Historic Centre of San Quirico d'Orcia to let you enjoy your holiday as a guest of the village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Palazzo Del Capitano Exclusive Wellness And Relais
- Palazzo Del Capitano Hotel
- Hotel Palazzo Del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais San Quirico D'Orcia, Italy - Tuscany