Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais
$85
  • Breakfast included
Il Giardino Segreto(San Quirico d'Orcia)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Free Internet
$126
$123
Hotel Il Garibaldi(San Quirico d'Orcia)
$63
Locanda Del Sorriso(San Quirico d'Orcia)(Great Value!)
$81
Hotel Palazzuolo(San Quirico d'Orcia)(Great Value!)
$71
$68
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

C'era una Volta(San Quirico d'Orcia)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mac & Rose .(San Quirico d'Orcia)(Great Value!)
$74
Sarna Residence(San Quirico d'Orcia)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Agriturismo La Buca(San Quirico d'Orcia)
TripAdvisor
1,247 results
All reviewslovely gardensan quiricobeautiful hotelthe main hotelloved this hoteldel capitanopastriesbreakfast roomspent nightsfour poster bedno elevatoran upgradesouthern tuscanyold citycharming townwine tastingsuite
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed for three nights just week before last. hotel is right in the middle of town and we used it as our base for exploring Tuscany. Staff just was wonderful and they attended to oour every need. Arranged winery tour and a winery Sunday lunch as well as pointing out sights to visit.

Great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tomethridge
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais, San Quirico d'Orcia, for 5 days during July 2012 as a base for exploring Tuscany. San Quirico is wonderful little town. There is not much to do here but a lovely half day can be spent exploring the town walls, the ancient churches and taking in the stunning views. It is very close to major road routes so visiting Florence, Sienna, Montepulciano, Montelcino, Monteriggioni, Arezzo, Cortona, etc. is no problem. The hotel advertizes itself as a spa but it’s actually a small complex of complementary businesses. The shop across the street sells oils and spa/massage items, the spa is in the building next door. The garden complex is wonderful. There are areas to sit and relax/sun-bathe, there’s a massage area, a small pool, and all within beautifully landscaped formal gardens. Breakfast each day is served in the hotel where there is also a well-stocked bar. Breakfast consists of a variety of breads, pastries, fruits, yoghurts, coffees, and hot cooked items too. Breakfast at the hotel is wonderful although they do not serve dinner. Instead they have a partner restaurant La Jadine next to the hotel where the partially-covered outdoor dining restaurant caters for your every need in terms of Tuscan cuisine. We ate there four times and every time was superb (not inexpensive however). There are also other restaurants in the town to choose from. Our room was very comfortable, clean and had AC. The rooms are named after the constellations and ours was on the first floor overlooking the garden. The Sagittarius room was up the main flight of stairs and through a tiny door partially obscured by a book case. We thought this looked odd at first but realized it was actually really cool, almost a hidden room that was just for us. The staff were all perfect. Cars have to be parked just outside the city walls in a small but safe public car park which is a five minute walk from the hotel. If this sounds like an imposition it’s actually really nice to return from a long day of sight-seeing to park up them walk through the ancient city gates to the hotel with all the treasures you’ve bought during the day saying “Hi” to all the locals taking it easy beneath the setting Tuscan sun as you do so. We would go back to Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais, San Quirico d'Orcia, in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: You don't need a tip - they are all good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TimWandMelG
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a lovely, romantic stay here and can't recommend it highly enough. The staff were helpful and friendly, and the facilities were amazing. We plumped for a junior suite, and weren't disappointed. Not the cheapest hotel in the world, but well worth the money. The garden and outdoor jacuzzi were a lovely way to pass a beautiful tuscan evening and we really enjoyed the food at the hotel's restaurant too. We'd love to come back again soon - thanks for a really enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: We had a junior suite, which i would recommend. The most expensive room/s looked really lovely too, and had a jacuzzi in the room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PunterX
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Let me start by saying that when I booked this hotel, while on the road in Italy, I thought I was booking for 2 nights. That's what I originally entered on the website (not the hotel's website). The price was 285 Euros and although I thought it was too much, I went for it because I figured my wife, who is very picky about hotels, would enjoy some luxury. We had a hard time finding the place because some of the narrow streets were closed for a festival. We had been driving for several hours on the difficult roads (amongst insane local drivers going an average of 140) so we were looking forward to a nice lunch at their highly touted restaurant and then a nap. We had made a reservation in the restaurant for 1:30 and we arrived at 1:15 but the suite wasn't ready. No problem, we'd have lunch and then go to the room. The restaurant is very attractive in a country trattoria way, but the food was subpar. I write about food and wine for a living so I have high standards, but this place was supposed to be one of the best in Tuscany. The salad was quite boring (no effort made), an appetizer of sausage stuffed zuchini was good, the pasta, which was supposed to have a gorgonzola and bacon sauce was absolutely pathetic, looking like macaroni and cheese from a can but with almost no cheese sauce and miniscule bits of bacon. Couldn't eat it.

We had ordered a large sirloin steak (a kilo) to share as the waiter praised it and said the meat was very tender. We had asked for it to be cooked medium well. The slab of meat with maybe a quarter kilo of bone (and you're charged by weight) arrived on a barely warm iron grill (menu said stone) and it was blood-running rare. My wife repeated that she had ordered it medium well. The waiter shrugged and said, "But this is Florentine steak. That's the way we serve it." He didn't say this when we first ordered it. He was just happy to get an expensive order. My wife insisted he take back half and cook it some more while I said that rare was okay with me and I attempted to eat it. But the meat was not of good quality. It couldn't be chewed or swallowed and I spit most of it out. Around the bone, it was even worse--all fat and completely inedible. When the pieces that had been cooked a bit more arrived, they were still showing a rare center but we tried to eat it anyway. We ate maybe a tenth of the steak. We were not happy campers. I told the waiter that it was no good, showed him that most of the meat was still uneaten (or spit out onto the plate) and requested that as we were being charged by the weight, to reduce the bill accordingly. He said he would talk to the manager. The manager couldn't bother to speak to us or apologize (though he was just hanging around and talking to his cronies--the place was nearly empty) but the waiter came back and said they would take twenty per cent off the bill. I pointed out that we already had a voucher for 10 per cent off but this made no difference to them. So we paid 80 euros instead of 100.
Left feeling fleeced and went up and down stairs to the reception. They said the room was now ready so we went up and down more stairs to the room, which was hot, not at all aired out, and we undressed and got into bed for a nap. Immediately something broke and fell under the bed. I turned over to look under the bed and several wooden boards crashed onto the floor and the bed collapsed. We are not obese people or even overweight, just normal size people in our early 60s. Called reception, they said they would send someone, so we had to get dressed again and wait. Pretty soon someone came and, finding it all amusing (as if we had been banging away so hard we destroyed the bed), told us we could wait in the garden while they tried to fix it. No attempt to offer us anything like a drink or coffee or even water while we cooled our heels. We waited two hours, with no word from anyone. After the first hour, walked up and down stairs to reception but they just said it wasn't ready.

When we finally got into the room, there was a bottle of 15 dollar (I know the label) sparkling wine on the table.
Next morning I went to complain about the lousy internet service and they asked if I was checking out. I said no, we were there for two nights. They told me I was wrong but there was room for us that night if we wanted to stay. In fact, we had to stay because there were no other rooms available in town that night. I was shocked that one night in this mediocre (as far as service and amenities) hotel was 285 euros. The breakfast is just okay, with mostly sweet things to eat and no cooked food except for hard-boiled eggs. There was something that looked like an egg pie, but it was very thin and had no taste. The coffee was god-awful. There is no pool and nothing special about this place except for the beautiful location and the quiet garden. Only the maintenance guy (parking man) was friendly, the rest of the staff is non-helpful, non-friendly. When we checked out, I asked for a discount because of the bed situation (quite traumatic) but they just took off the 38 euro spa treatment by wife had. If you are looking for real luxury for your 285 euros, go somewhere else. This place would be okay for about 100 euros a night but nothing more. As other people have commented, it is extremely noisy and you can't relax with the church bells going off every hour and half hour straight through the night, every night.

Room Tip: Ask about stairs and internet access
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a real gem of a hotel. The small town of San Quirco is just beautiful and this hotel is the perfect place to stay. The rooms are excellent and have so much character. The four poster bed was great and the room had everything we could need. The pool and outside areas are nice and there is plenty of shade. The breakfast was fantastic, with so much choice and local foods.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple