“so good we came back 3 years later on our travels”

Osteria del Cardinale
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

this is special restaurant run by a family. they have by far the best food we have come across in tuscany. home made everything and its superb.
good selection of all the local wines. and priced so cheaply. i really highly recomend this restaurant

1  Thank guy g

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I live in Italy and I can easily say that I ate the most exceptional homemade pasta with tartufo ever! Prepared by the owner's wife who does all their own pasta by hand this was an excellent dish.
The service was very friendly and welcoming and the cost of the meal less than the more up market restaurants in the town.
A " must" to visit.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Truly the best meal my whole family has ever had! The food was all homemade and the taste was UNREAL! Our waitress was the owner and she treated us like family.We had a starter platter to share with cheeses and meats with homemade jams, honey as well as toasted bread. This was the so good that we could not stop eating until it was gone!She made each of us a plate of three different pastas that were excellent.I will dream of them for a long time to come! She also did a dessert plate with a small amount of three different, yummy treats and all were out of this world!!If you ever get a chance to stop here, you must experience this fabulous restaurant! Not to be missed!!Really outstanding!!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We visited this little Town in August and as it was lunch time - we just wandered as one does on hols up the street and struck gold!
We stopped here - liked the look of it. We were so lucky and it made our day. The food here is amazing. We had the meat plate for 2 and nearly collapsed with the amount of meat and cheese that they brought to the table . . and they were oh so good .....
We eat outdoors but the inside is really atmospheric and 'old world'.
It would be worth travelling here for an evening meal if you are in the area.
This restaurant is in a lovely little sleepy town with a nice relaxing atmosphere and very pleasant staff. It has a wonderful old church too to check out too!There were many locals having lunch here - always a good sign. Give it a go...
Lucky you if you are near it now :)!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I celebrated my birthday on March 28th 2013 with my mother following a long flight from the USA. I had never met the owner and was welcomed into their restaurant as if it was their home and I was long lost family. Luginia the cook and owner along with her husband and two boys were warm, and very welcoming. I ordered local lamb with olive oil and rosemary, homemade pasta, fresh spring shoot salad topped with tasty tomatoes. Luginia even made a special cake for the occasion. Coming from a family of chefs I must say this mealwas one of the best culinary experiences on my visit. In fact it was so good that I am planning to celebrate with these fine folks in 2014!