“Quality local cuisine definitely worth trying”

Ristorante Da Ciacco
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I'm not much of a foodie but I had a wonderful meal here, that I won't forget anytime soon. My boyfriend and I shared an entree, which was beef carpaccio with truffle (a type of mushroom). It was one of the best dishes I had in Italy. I'm told truffle is a real delicacy and local to the region. The dish had such amazing flavours I had never tasted before. For my main, I had wild boar with pappardelle pasta. Again, the meal was local to the area and utterly delicious. For once, I was pleased I tried something I'd never had before. The entire meal was such a delight to the taste buds and perfect with a glass of red wine. We also sat outside with views of the gorgeous town all around us. The service was good and prices reasonable too.

1  Thank GailCA_13
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Da Ciacco

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Food was good if not exciting and atmosphere / décor/ setting was very good, located on main pedestrian alley through the old town. Tables inside were near the wine sales area. Service good.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

There's 3 or 4 fine dining experiences in this little town. And this should be your first choice, because of all the reasons mentioned in the title, but also value and comfort.
The other establishments are good, but this is a genuine family run restaurant that prides itself on good food, not so much a commercial transaction.
I dined here twice during my short stay and every dish was impeccably presented and tasted divine. House wine to match was proudly recommended as both the waitress and chef wanted you to have a memorable experience.
The atmosphere in the place is also conducive to enjoying the food, as oppose to some rustic romantic experience. So come for the taste sensations, then walk the lanes for the romance. Buon appetito!

1  Thank Jed K
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had a delicious dinner here. Warm, friendly service and tasty food. Had pappardelle with wild boar ragu (a standout), spaghetti with rabbit saffron and rosemary, and gnocchi with beef ragu. Dessert was spectacular and not to be missed. We had a pistachio crusted silky semi-freddo thingo with chocolate and wild berries and another semi-freddo made with caramelized orange rind and honey...so good.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Glad we reserved the table, when we went for an afternoon stroll as otherwise we would have missed the wonderful tastes, the cosy atmosphere, and a unique experience. The pasta was superb, while I wouldn't even try to describe the Semifreddo taste as I would badly fail...mmmmmm... you wouldn't believe the quantity of truffles that is shaved onto the veal dish...!