All reviewswine tourfood and winewonderful memoriesfour nightsthe entire experiencenature pathhiking trailslocation is amazingwine shopexplore the surrounding countrysidewedding partytasting roomsuperb winehighest qualitytiramisuupper pooldefinitely worth a visit
Reviewed August 11, 2007

This was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Tuscany. It is close to Siena but much more relaxing. It is very quiet at this vineyard and they have two pools for you to relax. The free wine tour was fun although I was hoping for more information on how the wine is actually produced. We ate the Wine Dinner in the 1000 year old wine cellar--the food was good but it was the experience that made it worth it! We ate lunch and dinner there the next day as well and they were both very good! For dinner, they set the tables up outside overlooking the vineyard with candles and it is just amazing! The pesto gnocci was the best I have ever had.

The hotel room was much nicer then I expected. There is no tv which we were not used to but you can get games from the front desk. The room was nicely sized, clean and they even give you a free bottle of wine upon arrival. The Chianti Classico was delicious and I have heard there are lots of other vineyards nearby to explore. We only stayed for two nights but I think you could enjoy staying there for many more. We found it a perfect end to a tour around Italy. The only thing that was a slight drawback was no AC but they do provide a fan and it does cool off a bit at night.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Villa Dievole was amazing!! Price wise it was comparable to an agriturismo and offered so much more! The pool was amazing! The food was fantastic. Be sure to do the cellar dinner on Wednesday night, it is a true Tuscan experience with two very sweet Italian men serenading you at dinner. It was by far the nicest and most resonably priced place we stayed in Italy. I recommend it to everyone I talk to!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iluvitalyRenton
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed here for 4 nights in one of the villa suites. The location, grounds, and facilities are very beautiful. The villa is surrounded by rolling hills and vineyards.

Our room was large, with a seperate sitting area and a tiny kitchen, but the furnishings were a little old and not of the highest quality. Even so, the room gave the feel of a small, quaint family-run facility and we liked it.

The only real downside was that the service wasn't up to our expectations. As mentioned, the facility has the feel of a family-run B&B, but the staff does not. They are not mean or rude, just somewhat indifferent. Everytime we needed to ask a question, we felt like we were bothering them.

In all, it is a very nice but it doesn't provide the welcoming service that we often received at other small inns in Europe.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank Jim_SD
Reviewed May 17, 2007

We are from the Hill Country of Texas and spent five days at Dievole (May 2006) and we got the true tuscany wine and food experience. The food and service were great. Loved setting on the lawn next to the vineyard having lunch for two hours; life doesn't get any better. Dievole is the perfect spot to stay; the rooms were excellent and the winery is super. Their wines are outstanding and you can buy them in the U.S. Mario was the wine host and provided the best experience. Angelo and his wife made our stay first rate; as did the entire staff. The Villa is a very romantic and provides some of the most beautiful views in tuscany. As others have said, "it's off the beaten track," thats OK, but not that far and close to Siena and a central location to other towns. You must visit Radda to the north and assorted wineries, just ask Mario.I can't say enough about our experience; can't wait to get back. Beautiful, beautiful!!!!!!!
Make sure you visit the tiny village of Vagliagli near Dievole. You must have dinner at LaTaverna di di Vagliagli, again this is a wonderful place, the foods supppper with great friendly people.
Make sure you call them for when they are open.

1  Thank Traildust
Reviewed May 10, 2007

Hi. I and my fiance went to the place for 5 days. The place itself is very beautiful with lovely views. Unfortunatelly it was raining every day so we could not enjoy our time fully. My tips for you would be:

+ stay in the Villa Dievole in room 123 (it is the biggest one on the floor and the lightest one),
+ go for wine testing - this is very good experience (they made a good stroy out of that),
+ the staff was helpful (apart from the cleaing ladies, who did not allow us to move to another room as they finished their work and did not want to stay a little bit longer),

- the restaurant is not as good as I would expect (the service was good, but the food moderate compering to the other places),

In total certainly a very good overall exeprience.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple