All reviewswine tourfood and winewonderful memoriesfour nightsthe entire experiencenature pathhiking trailslocation is amazingwine shopexplore the surrounding countrysidewedding partytasting roomsuperb winehighest qualitytiramisuupper pooldefinitely worth a visit
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stumbled across Villa Dievole on Trip Advisor after first trying all of the highly touted hotels in the guidebooks, which were all booked full. We weren't sure what to make of the hotel on the website. However, this is one case where real life far exceeds whatever photos they can post. Just absolutely a gorgeous locations, with great views, surrounded by vineyards, and well off the road for a quiet and serene experience. Staff is super friendly. Our two bedroom villa was perfect for me, my wife, our baby and my dad - roomy, clean, modern and well maintained. And, close to Siena and the various Chianti towns you will want to see. Definitely will be back. Let's keep this a Trip Advisor secret because we paid much less than if we went to those guidebook places.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We spent 2 nights at Villa Dievole. The spectacular location and views are worth it alone...once you can find it. It's close to Vagliagli and there's only one paved road to the villa. We booked late (only 3 weeks prior) and there was a wedding already booked so we had to take a small bedroom. If I returned (and I would), the larger 2 room villas with the terrace would be perfect and well worth the money.

We loved the location and wine tour, it's only 15 minutes to Siena and Vagliagli is a small, charming, hilltop village. We walked extensively around the grounds and the views in all directions are simply breathtaking. It's a serene, upscale resort with a great breakfast and nice restaurant.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

This place is set on lovely grounds. The rooms are a little small and there can be lots of stairs with no elevators so choose your room carefully if you can. Otherwise, the staff are lovely, the restaurant excellent and it is a great place to explore the small nearby villages and Sienna. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

When we arrived at the villa after the beautiful drive, I thought I had arrived in paradise. We were immediately greeted by the reception and by the director Fabio who proceeded to tell me that although I had booked a two bedroom suite for us, he was giving us 2 rooms as he thought we could have more privacy without any increase in price. He made it sound like an upgrade. We had a tour of the resort and then was shown to our rooms. It looked like the rooms where the monks used to sleep. Very clean but minimal, bare, and with an old hard bed with little covers. I was shocked. We went out for supper in Vagliagli that night in their one and only restaurant which was indeed a memorable meal.
After a most uncomfortable sleep and waking up early and thinking about the voucher I had in my suitcase, I pulled it out and realized that I had gotten nothing compared to the 1400 sq. foot Tuscan suite that had been booked for me. I went to the reception to speak to the director and he was not there and never did show up to meet me. In fact, he avoided us completely for the next 4 days. What had happened is that they had given my suite away to somebody else. After making my demands clear, I was shown to a different suite and this one was indeed spectacular with modern accomodations and wonderful views. It was a hassle to repack and bring everthing over to the next building. They compensated by charging us less for the first night but it really irked me that they tried to pass one over on us. That's not nice and it left a bad taste.
Breakfast was amazing and the cellar tour was nice. They could use some bellboy help with suitcases and such.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Villa Dievole, not one word can describe how much we enjoyed our time there. Everything, and I mean everything is just wonderful. The location, the Villas, the food, the wine, but for us the staff really made our holiday - they truly became like family to us. We travelled with our three small children (4, 2 and 9 months), nothing was too much trouble and there was anything we could possibly need for the kids.

As for my husband and I we have travelled to many places around the globe but out of every place, Dievole was the place that stole our hearts.

Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family