All reviews wine tour food and wine wonderful memories four nights the entire experience nature path hiking trails location is amazing wine shop explore the surrounding countryside wedding party tasting room superb wine highest quality tiramisu upper pool definitely worth a visit
Reviewed May 7, 2007

We arrived at 6PM. We were rudely told there was a private party at the Villa and we'd have to find a meal elsewhere. They told us to hurry to town. Upon returning to Dievole, we found no one available to show us to our rooms. Finally, the manager arrived and told us to follow him up a long flight of stairs in the front of the Villa (while we carried our own bags and assist a 70 year old woman). The manager was rude and indignant. Upon waking in the morning to a beautiful view and setting, we found out that we could have driven very easily up to our room on a drive at the abck of the Villa. The setting is lovely, but the staff is rude and inconsiderate.

Stayed: May 2007
6  Thank sallysellsseashells
Reviewed April 26, 2007

My daughter and I recently stayed 2 nights at the Villa Dievole. The Villa is beautiful. The scenery is wonderful and the Villa is everything I had dreamed about for a Villa in Tuscany. The rooms are very clean and spacious , tastefully decorated with a modern bathroom. It was lovely to open our window each morning and look out onto the beautiful countryside. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. We arrived at the beginning of the season so it was very quiet. Even so the staff were busy ensuring everything was perfect for the guests . The wine tour with a visit to the cellar and history of the estate was really good and there is wine and olive oil to purchase if you wish. ( The olive oil is delicious!!). The restaurant was fantastic with a daily menu based on fresh ingredients. Breakfast was an assortment of cold meats, eggs , fruit , pastries etc all beautifully fresh.I would rate this as a 5 star property.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2006

We spent seven nights at Dievole for our honeymoon in Tuscany. It could not have been better and was excellent in so many ways. The personal attention from the moment you arrive, the secluded nature of the villa with post card views in every direction, the smell of baking bread and fermenting wine...what possibly could you want more in an Italian villa. Special note should be given to the food. It was the best we had our entire trip...in fact, we always made our day trip plans so we could be back in time for dinner! You will not be disappointed in this location...it is spectacular.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Docdano
Reviewed September 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Villa Dievole from September 3-9 and could not have asked for a more perfect stay. It had everything we could've asked for -- accommodating hosts, fantastic food (both the breakfast buffet and restaurant), excellent wine, beautiful views, and a comfortable and clean room.

We stayed in Casa Oliva, room #32. The room was simple, clean, and very spacious with everything we wanted.... bed was very comfortable (it was NOT two beds pushed together, which was great), the kitchenette had all the basics (a small refrigerator, nice wine glasses, utilinsils, silverware, etc), the bathroom was large with a hairdryer and nice towels, and very close to all the action.

One of the highlights of our trip was the wine cellar dinner (on Wednesday nights), which had excellent food, fun music, and a great chance to get to know many of the other guests. It was not as "romantic" as we would've thought, but rather quite fun! Towards the end of the evening, after much wine poured, guests were singing and dancing along with the musicians and waiters! Definitley a good time.

One night, we went to the Dievole restaurant. We didn't realize we needed to make reservations. Fortunately, the manager Angelo was able to accommodate us... in the "cantina". Basically, they put a bunch of candels in the restaurant wine cellar with a table for two. It was perfect, and very romantic. Not to mention, the food was excellent!

Mario, the sommelier at Dievole was also very helpful. He gave us great advise on where to go wine tasing... In Chianti region we went to Dievole, Castello di Fonteratoli, Castellare and Fontodi. In Montalcino (for Brunellos)... we went to Altesino and Caparzo. We must admit that all the wineres that Mario recommended (above) were great! We went to a few other wineries along our drive, and they were awful (so I won't mention which ones). Stick with these and you'll be pleased.

The location of Villa Dievole was great as well. Just 15 mintues from Siena. You definitley need a car out in the Tuscany area, so you can explore the towns... Siena, Montalcino, Castelina in Chianti, Pienza....

Would highly recommend staying at Villa Dievole... as we would love to stay there again.

Special thanks to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

Tip: Bring mosquito repellant.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheTravelBuds
Reviewed September 16, 2006

We traveled all of Italy. This Villa was by far the best of the best. We stayed at Villa Dievole a total of 5 days. Angelo and his wife and the rest of the Villa staff was so polite and helpful. We were looking for a central location that was very romantic and a helpful staff...that is an under statement with this place. I have to tell you honestly, even now, thinking back... their gacious staff still brings tears to me eyes (believe it or not, I'm not an emotional person).

The rooms are large and very comfortable. The views are absolutely romantic. The restaurant and it staff are so wonderful. We had a special dinner on their patio over looking their beautiful vineyard. It was just the two of us. Silvano and Johnny were our waiters. We can not say enough about their service. We are very use to top notch service and even expect it. This went way beyond anything we expected. In my whole life I have never been so impressed with the service that these two gentleman provided us with! Not to mention the view that Villa Dievole provided for the anniversary package. We left them with the utmost respect for their courtesy and professionalism. The food was excellent. We actually stayed an extra night just so we could have the Wednesday dinner in their private cellar. This was equally as wonderful. Silvano even asked me to dance which was one of the highlights of my trip (my husband even incouraged me to do so). I might ad he was a wonderful dancer. Also, once again, the food presentation and service was widely romantic and excellent.

I certainly can't leave out why there is a Villa Dievole ...the wine. Mario is the wine semolier that Vilola Dievole has on staff. There are only 120 "wine Masters" in the world.... We found it very impressive that they employ one of the finest. Mario's knowledge of wine is far beyond anything that we ever experienced. We live in wine country in California and didn't think we could find better wine than what we have right here in our own backyard. We were pleasantly surprised with the education that we received from their tour.

We can not wait to go back to this fairy tail land. It is truely, what dreams are made of! Thank you Villa Dievole, Denise and Layne Morford

lodidc@aol.com