“Dario Delivers”
Review of Dievole

Dievole
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Vagliagli
More attraction details
Owner description: This old wine estate located in the Classico zone of Tuscany specializes in the region's popular Chianti Classico.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Last Spring my wife and I joined Dario and a small group of Americans at the Dievole winery near Siena. After taking us on a most enjoyable and informative tour of the winery we had a superlative lunch with Dario at the winery. During lunch we sampled several of the excellent Dievole wines, which included a remarkable Chianti Classico riserva and an excellent super Tuscan. During lunch Dario patiently and articulately informed us of many interesting facts and details regarding the history and culture of the Siena area. To better understand his remarkable insight into this region, I had the advantage of having read several of Dario’s excellent books prior to our trip. If you are considering a trip to Siena, do yourself a favor and (if you are lucky) arrange to meet with Dario Castagno.

All reviews
"estate"
"reds"
"grappa"

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I visited Dievole in April on a tour organised by Chianti Inside Out (Enzo). It is now 7 months time in November. Was encouraged by winery staff to purchase a dozen bottles and ship them home to Australia. Information received from Fedex was that the consignment information was deficient and the consignment was rejected by customs. Fedex returned the wine to Italy and subsequently destroyed it as they claim the parcel was abondoned by Dievole. Now, I am out of pocket 423 Euro because of their error.
My sister was on the same tour same day and hers was delivered in May. I would not recommend buying anything over there to ship home as they do not show any concern other than words for after sales service. They will not even answer my emails....Rick Chappel

2  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Definitely book the wine tour with Dario then stay for lunch at Dievole. Dario provides local color, great stories and interesting history - along with wine tasting. Dievole is a beautiful spot - opt for lunch outside with the view. This was one of our favorite days in Tuscany!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our visit to Dievole and with Dario was delightful. His warmth, hospitality, and humor was wonderful. We also learned a great deal about Chianti wines. Our lunch at the winery was delicious and served beautifully. Last but not least the wine is delicious. We ended up buying a case to ship home.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I were told by a lady at a wine shop in Florence, Italy if we wanted to see a beautiful and scenic winery, to go to Dievole. We took her advice. Did not know much about the locaiton, Garmin took us in the wrong direcrtion, but an Italian told us how to get there and said it was great, not to miss. We went along this long gravel Italian cypress lined road, which was picturesque and so quaint, and low and behold found this unbelievealbe setting. My wife wants to go back for our next major anniversary to stay there, we did not know it was a resort also. The wine tasting room and facilities tour is great, very helpful and knowledgeable. It is a trully Tuscan romantic setting. I have been to wineries throughout the world, and this one ranks right along with the best of them. The view is exquisite, just breathtaking.