I stayed at Relais La Suvera with a group of 50 friends and family members for my wedding in June 2009 & cannot recommend this hotel highly enough to anyone wishing to experience something extremely special.
Having looked at multiple possible wedding venues in Tuscany and then visited La Suvera, I immediately fell in love with what I can only describe as the sheer charm, history, wonder & magic of the place. For anyone wishing to find a unique wedding venue with major cultural and historical interest, as well as true "wow factor", it is just perfect.
As a hotel, it is simply exquistive - set in a peaceful and beautiful location, nestled in the hills above the tiny village of Pievescola, it is an ideal place for true rest and relaxation and genuine peace and quiet. It is also an excellent base for travelling around Tuscany and for local sightseeing in towns such as San Gimignano, Volterra, Monteriggioni, San Galgano & Siena. The local wine cellars of Chianti & Montalcino are also within close reach, as are the big brand Italian shopping outlets. Florence is also easily accessible from Pievescola and the hotel staff are more than willing to help out in organising your itinerary and travel arrangements.
I have stayed in many outstanding hotels and travelled extensively, but can say without doubt that this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at and one to which I will definitely return. The staff at La Suvera are absolutely outstanding and go above & beyond all reasonable expectations, even for a 5 star hotel, to provide first rate service. Guests are treated with a very warm welcome and can expect extremely professional, yet unintrusive service throughout. I have never experienced the level of personal and professional service anywhere else in the world & the real beauty of it is that it all seems to come very naturally to all of the staff at La Suvera. There is nothing fake about this place - it is like staying at the finest hotel in the world, with exquistive food, wine & surroundings, with your every need being met by top class professionals, yet almost like being amongst friends!
La Suvera is a wonderful mix of old world charm and modern day luxury and a stay here will leave you totally relaxed and replenished. For those interested in art, history and Italian culture, you will adore this place. For anyone simply looking for some peace and tranquility or to treat themselves to some hard-earned R&R and true luxury, this is the place for you. The majestic Papal Villa and the unforgettable little icing-white church of Saint Carlo Borromeo within the grounds of the hotel are simply amazing & indeed all of the hotel rooms throughout the 3 main buildings of the hotel are completely unique, very tastefully decorated, beautiful, interesting and quirky in parts - there is something around every corner that will make you smile! This hotel is owned by a Marquis and a Princess and in a way feels very much like a mix between a palatial hotel and a museum. The service you get in this hotel is definitely fit for kings & queens, as are all of the facilities and the outstanding food and wine served in the serenely beautiful and relaxed settings of the Lemon Garden and the Oliviera Restaurant. Sitting in the Lemon Garden in the late afternoon, with the sun beginning to go down and sampling an array of delicious pecorino cheeses and local Chianto Classico is one of the best memories I have of my stay - if you want a place to chill out completely, this is it!
My wedding day was the best day of my life and the staff at La Suvera made me feel like a princess for a day :-) I very much look forward to going back to La Suvera & would highly recommend it for weddings, special family events, as an ideal honeymoon location or just for an extra special treat at any time of year. You will not regret it & will not want to leave - there is a magic to La Suvera that you will not find anywhere else in the world & the experience you get is worth every cent - Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situato tra le dolci colline della Toscana, il Relais La Suvera offre un servizio di primissima qualità e un'esperienza unica in una straordinaria dimora storica a soli 30 minuti da Siena. Le 36 camere sono arredate con mobili d’epoca, garantendo al contempo i più moderni comfort e si trovano in tre diversi edifici, la Villa Papale, le Scuderie e la Fattoria, circondati da bellissimi giardini storici.Per il comfort dei suoi ospiti il Relais La Suvera mette a disposizione la piscina riscaldata con acqua mantenuta a temperatura costante di 25°C e la Spa con vasca idromassaggio ricavata da un'antica cisterna medioevale, bagno turco e zona fitness. Nestled among the rolling hills of Tuscany, Relais La Suvera offers you award winning service and a luxury experience in an extraordinary historical residence, a 30 minutes drive from Siena.The 36 rooms & suites are located in 3 different buildings, the Papal Villa, the Ancient Stables and the Farmhouse and are decorated with antique furnishings, combining history with all the modern comforts. For the comfort of Relais La Suvera’s guests the swimming pool is kept at a constant temperature of 25°C (77°F) and the Spa offers an array of massages and treatments, steam bath, fitness area and a Jacuzzi in the medieval cistern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Relais La Suvera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais La Suvera Pievescola
- Relais La Suvera Hotel Pievescola
- Relais La Suvera Italy/Pievescola, Tuscany