“Spectacular views - best to visit by sea”
Review of Milford Sound

Milford Sound Nature Cruise
Osaka, Japan
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Spectacular views - best to visit by sea”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were on a cruise ship that went right into the sound, but we saw many smaller vessels on tours that went in for clasps and under waterfalls.
Beautiful weather allowed us spectacular views on all sides - crystal clear water, snow on the mountain - even followed a whale in.
A must see visit if in the south island of new zealand.

Visited November 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“As if in a journey to a different world”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Milford Sound Tour was one of our highlights in NZ travel adventure. We took a day tour with Jucy tour from Queenstown. It was raining through out the journey from Queenstown to Milford Sound. Could not view the scenaries that much due to rain, foggy weather and of course the freezing coldness. I were a bit worried and thought that the tour gonna be a waste of time and money. And on top of that, traveling on the windy road was a bit scary too. But the moment we passed the Homers Tunnel, I felt like wowwwwww! With waterfalls everywhere, never imagined I would be in this part of the world. Yes, after raining you could see more waterfalls coming down from the mountain. And the awesome adventure continues with the cruise in Milford Sound. I even let myself got totally wet by the splashed from the waterfalls. It was freezing cold but I kind a liked it! It was heaven on earth!

Tips: if you are traveling with car or in a group, better to stay overnight in Te Anau and take earlier cruise in Milford Sound. It was quite a tiring day tour from Queenstown.

Visited October 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“must visit place in New Zealand”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

spectacular sceneries, breath taking waterfall and the tranquil valley. had a great time in Milford Sound.
we did a 5 days tour of South Island, starting from Christchurch to Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound then off to Invercargill and back to Christchurch.
I already had visited to Queenstown but visiting to Milford Sound was an extremely well experience.
"the best one comes when the Cruise take you to underneath of the water fall".

Visited August 2013
Warsaw, Poland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Parrots, seals, waterfalls”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were lucky, As they say it rains 320 days a year, but it was sunny all the time.We hah a Jucy campervan. It fact you should camp semewhere on thr road,. As early as possible, the bests spots are gone in the evening. remember to pay for a camp site, Rangers check every van, contrary then somewhere on the island. Try to get up erly. enjoy the view and parrots trying to eat all the rubber from your car, and take the boat.
Take any. There is no justified difference in quality to pay more. This sound or Doubtful is a must while on the island. After the boat try to hike. Unbelivable views.

Visited January 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“New Zealands South Island Splendor”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wasn't on vacation on New Zealand's south Island when I traveled there but, I would return should the good lord permit. My job as a plc technician has afforded me the opportunity to see much of the world..... If, your native your Maurie, an aborigional culture and this was being recognized considerably durning my stay... those who came after and now lay claim are Kiwi, yes it's the little bird found there but also the nick name for the general population... I'll have to tell you it's the Islands people that truly make it a wonderful place... Flew into Christchurch and circuling the Remarkables ( the mountain's surounding Christchurch) is a just the start the feeling you want start, a tour of this wonderful place. I ski so if you get the chance spend a day and ski Corrnett Peak, though no guard rails on the road on the way up the ski and again the people are worth the day.... If your more adventurous catch a bi-plane and ski Mt Cook, now your in big time...race down the mtn... did I say race,,,, then you can bet some Kiwi will take you up on your bet.... only don't mess with the all Blacks you'll just loose your money as they take their foot ball serious, You'll want to make your way to Duneden the capitol of the south island I belive and see if you can find a boat that will take you offshore, where the fairy penguins hang out for lunch.... maybe even get a tee shirt from the Harley Dealership there, it's the furthest south Harley Davidson gets.... The way to see the south island is to hike it, and meet the people, not just from the island but, they come from all over but, particularly from the UK you'll make so many new freinds.... bring your camera and shoot shoot shoot.... each body of water weather it be the ocean, channel, waterfalls, rainbows, lake white water rapids or rainfall offered something different, the source of the water greatly influnced its color and thus my apprecaition.... The southern lights were to rival the northern auroas, seeing them both has been a privilage.... My advise is get to know the islands people, her inn keepers, tavern owners, farmers, mechanics, how ever you can, as the island is only a piece of ground and will give up her looks, but to truly know New Zealand and experience what she is meet the people as they know all of her secrets.

Visited August 2013