“Thank goodness a new owner”

Schultz Home Bakery Ltd
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hanover
“Thank goodness a new owner”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Shultz' has changed hands a few times, and now it has fresh new ownership! The owner before this one was not so friendly, and now there is alot new goodies being offered! It was getting tired and old, and now it is awesome! I will definitely start frequenting again!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Tshular

Hanover, Canada
“Name says it "Bakery"”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

First off I am from the Hanover area. I don't get it why This Bakery is listed under #1 restaurant. That #1 placing should have gone to the "Grey Rose". In Hanover Schultz's does not have seating and as far as their acquired Elmwood Diner it is just an okay place to get a meal and is not anywhere near being in the same category as The Grey Rose. Being a long time Hanover resident since 1977 I worked at Knechtel Furniture till they closed. We use to go across the street and buy Their Hamburger meat pies almost every day for lunch, along with their Honey glazed donuts.The meat pie was chalk full of hamburger with a bit of mixed veggies in them. Not so now a days, Last one I bought was the opposite more mixed veggies and gravy with a bit of Hamburger, Made me wana ask "Where is the beef?" As a growing Family we use to buy a lot of baked goods at this bakery. The last time I bought some Christmas things here was a fruit cake and gumdrop cake, plus a few other baked articles. The Gumdrop cake was not the greatest and although The Fruit cake was good my opinion, it was way overpriced (over $60.00) I have not been back.
Question below "Where you here for" selections are not appropriate for a Bakery so answer is " None of the Below" I bought the stuff and left the Bakery and went on my Merry way.
Next Question was more like "December 2012" my last visit.
I am glad to see that many still have a good review of Schultz and I'm sure their donuts are still better Than Tim Hortons and if they make coffee it would also be better Than Tims. I am not a fan of Tim Hortons coffee or their food.
The selections make you have to answer so I guess I went to a bakery for late night food.

• Visited December 2013
Hanover, Canada
“Best Bakery by far!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Their breads, pies, and cakes are fantastic and consistently fresh! A family run business that will take custom orders, and go the extra mile for all the baked goods!

Hands down, the best donuts on the planet! No more expensive then Tim's, but double the size, and infinitely better!

The diner location in Elmwood(10 minutes north) is a wonderful place to grab a good, wholesome meal...and they have their baked goods for sale there too!

• Visited October 2013
HANOVER
“Donuts!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Must try the donuts! So good!! Fresh baked and at a fair cost, about the same cost as Tim hortons. Pies are good as well. Need baked goods try this place

Waterloo, Canada
“Usually really great!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I love this place the goods are always fresh. Though the last time I went was not so good.. half the donuts were burnt but i was on my way to the beach and didn't find out until i was already in port elgin :/ It was the blue berry fritters that were burnt which sucked because thats mostly what i ended up getting. My brother said it was still ok but he likes the taste of burnt stuff and I don't. But usually their donuts are great!

• Visited September 2012